Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my ccw and I am having trouble finding a holster I like for my pistol. Either iwb ,owb, or pocket holster , What are you guys using to hold hold pistol comfortably and safely? Thank you and happy shooting !

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I use a Blackhawk #5. They cost $10-12 and will serve you well until you can find a permanent holster. I got a SuperTuck for my 111, but its way too big to fool with. You may try a Minituck. A leather holster may be the best long term route.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I carry my PT111 and PT145 in leather Galco waistband IWB. Not very fancy but very comfortable and practical.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wanted IWB and was interested in the Crossbreed style holster, but wasn't interested in their price tag. So I made my own and it's working out great:

I ended up making one for one of my large .45 Rugers and am surprised how comfortable and concealable a full size pistol can be with a holster of this style:

Also made a mag carrier for the Ruger, and I also have one for the PT111 that I don't have a picture of at the moment. It's been a real fun hobby and I'm getting better with each project.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like crossbreed what are your pros and cons on it

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My PT111 rides snugly and comfortably in this Fobus paddle holster.

Reactions: BadgerWI

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wear the same as BK Meyers and MilProGuy. The Fobus paddle holster.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I carry mine either in an El Paso Saddlery Summer Cruiser or a DeSantis Sof Tuk. Either company has excellent designs and I am well pleased and they are comfortable, too. All of the others mentioned are good choices as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wanted IWB and was interested in the Crossbreed style holster, but wasn't interested in their price tag. So I made my own and it's working out great:

I ended up making one for one of my large .45 Rugers and am surprised how comfortable and concealable a full size pistol can be with a holster of this style:

Also made a mag carrier for the Ruger, and I also have one for the PT111 that I don't have a picture of at the moment. It's been a real fun hobby and I'm getting better with each project.

Ever thought about making more?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have two CBST's. One for my PT145 and one for my PF9. Great holsters. If price is a concern you can look at Crossbreed's Seconds website and get the holster you want for $30-$40 less than the custom order ones (that's how I got my PF9 holster), you just have to be patient to wait for the right holster to come available. Actually the wait won't be that long if you know all of the "similar" sizes guns to watch for on the holster list.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the info found one today I like so far and it only cost 15$ . It is the python universal miracle holster. Tried to upload pics but cant off my phone . But this is a great iwb holster so far

·
Registered
878 Posts
Don Hume 720 OT. With a Good belt you don't even know it's there. Just enough hangs below the belt so it doesn't dig into your hip.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just picked an IWB from Holsterama.com today at a gun show and it is a perfect fit for me. $59.

This is using holster #5343
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1329016041.589511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1329016052.673840.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ever thought about making more?
Yeah I'll be making one for a Glock 36 that I'm purchasing soon. I'm getting better with each one I make. You can still tell they're hand made, but at least they are starting to not look home made if you know what I mean.

Hey Trip 20 where did you get the Kydex?
knifekits.com

Plenty of youtube videos on how to do this -- that's where I learned.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts