Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had mine just over a year, maybe 1500 rnds, 500 WWB rest reloads. Other than a few reload malfunction(primer in backwards) and acouple failure to eject in first 50 rounds it has be absolutly perfect. I recent bought 2 more factory mags and they are perfect as well except for little tight for rnd 12.

I replaced the sight with Williams fire sights last week, didn't get out to shoot till Saturday evening. Put about 300 rnds thru it in about 1.5 hours. Sights are great highly recommend. The sun was setting behind me and I could see the FMJ going down range as the sun reflected off the bases, pretty cool. This was in preperation for my first ever IDPA match on Sunday.

Sunday match, gun was flawless as always, I was clearly using the lowest priced gun there, and shortest barrel. Out of the 15 or so people in SSP I finished 8th, could of/should of done better but rushed a few shots. By the way I didn't clean it after Saturday or Sunday, I'm going to do another 3-400 rds this weekend to see what happens.

Accuracy, I have never taken it to an offical range for 25 yard testing, but my estimation it would be in the 4-6" range with WWB, my lead and plated bullet loads aren't as good. I used WWB for competition because of that.

Only issues I have at all with this gun is the mag release & safety levers have a slight rust on them. It's been carried almost daily for the last 9 months.

I was planning on getting something longer for IDPA, but I'm going to stick with this one for a while.

I'd highly recommend the PT111MP.

David

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your PT-111 David. Would you happen to have any pictures of it you could post?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good luck with your IDPA event coming up, you'll soon find youself very addicted to shooting IDPA. It's great fun and very relaxing, as well as informative and educational.

Don't worry about getting a bigger gun right off the bat, shoot what you carry for a little while. Lots of folks out there shoot bigger guns than what they carry, lots of folks out there are lightning fast too. You may find that you enjoy shooting your carry gun more than you would shooting a full sized weapon in these type matches. The bonus you have right now is that you've handled your PT111 for a year now and should be very familiar with how it points in the hand for correct sight picture, etc.

JLaw

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Nice shooting, David, and thank you for the report. Pretty cool being able to watch the bullet go down range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with what you said. Great gun.

I've had mine about 3 months now and run some where around 3500-4000 rounds threw it, the outcome: one ejection failure. I can constantly get 2-4" groups at 7yards.

Only complaint is the sights are hard to see in low light(indoor range), but that's an easy fix I just haven't done yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts