Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite a few carry guns, mostly compacts and sub compacts. It's the G2's turn under my belt again, as I usually swap every week!

I almost forgot how comfortable this thing is to carry IWB!

I really do like this gun!

·
22,316 Posts
The 111G2 has simply amazing grip ergonomics.

So you swap every week? Any particular reason?

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Super Moderator
36,058 Posts
I like to carry mine for the same reasons. It's been hiding in the safe with the 45 Shield taking the prime position, but it got out a few days back to remind me of it's accuracy. It is vying for that coveted spot on my hip. It's the reliability of the P226 magazine that it holding it up as I want to carry only one spare and want to get that increased capacity.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I carry IWB in rotation, to maintain familiarity, and to keep them all exercised, clean and lubricated. The G2 is just so much more comfortable to carry IWB! With the exception of the PT738, all my carry pieces have safeties, and I use them. It's just automatic to sweep the safety, so it's not an issue.

9mm (.380 is 9mm short) semi auto compacts and sub compacts are my favorite carry guns, which usually contain, RAP 9 Compact, S&W M&P 9c, 9 Compact 2.0, 9mm Shield, Sig P365, Taurus PT111, PT709, PT738, Spectrum, Beretta Tomcat. (I consider the Shield, PT709, P365 subcompacts, and the Spectrum, PT738, and the Tomcat as micro compacts) The little .32 Tomcat is really tiny.

Most comfortable, are, without a doubt, the PT111 and the Spectrum. Favorite to carry are the PT111, P365, and the Shield. Best looking are the Sig, RAP, and the M&Ps. Best shooters are the RAP and the Sig.

Buttttt, I still gotta stay familiar with the others!

Once in awhile, I swap in a 1911, an SR, or maybe a wheel gun - but these 9mm compacts are my favorite to carry - and usually a .380 as a BUG (or when I really need to be very covert!)

It's nice to have choices!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like to carry mine for the same reasons. It's been hiding in the safe with the 45 Shield taking the prime position, but it got out a few days back to remind me of it's accuracy. It is vying for that coveted spot on my hip. It's the reliability of the P226 magazine that it holding it up as I want to carry only one spare and want to get that increased capacity.
What's wrong with the P226 mag? Mine works very well!

·
Super Moderator
36,058 Posts
What's wrong with the P226 mag? Mine works very well!
Mine have not exhibited total reliability yet. Emptied one with no issues last time out, reloaded the same mag and had one FTF. I am suspecting the seating of the magazine height. It's not the gun...all the OEM 12 rounders work fine.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
How do you like your .45 S&W Shield? Thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I carry IWB in rotation, to maintain familiarity, and to keep them all exercised, clean and lubricated. The G2 is just so much more comfortable to carry IWB! With the exception of the PT738, all my carry pieces have safeties, and I use them. It's just automatic to sweep the safety, so it's not an issue.

9mm (.380 is 9mm short) semi auto compacts and sub compacts are my favorite carry guns, which usually contain, RAP 9 Compact, S&W M&P 9c, 9 Compact 2.0, 9mm Shield, Sig P365, Taurus PT111, PT709, PT738, Spectrum, Beretta Tomcat. (I consider the Shield, PT709, P365 subcompacts, and the Spectrum, PT738, and the Tomcat as micro compacts) The little .32 Tomcat is really tiny.

Most comfortable, are, without a doubt, the PT111 and the Spectrum. Favorite to carry are the PT111, P365, and the Shield. Best looking are the Sig, RAP, and the M&Ps. Best shooters are the RAP and the Sig.

Buttttt, I still gotta stay familiar with the others!

Once in awhile, I swap in a 1911, an SR, or maybe a wheel gun - but these 9mm compacts are my favorite to carry - and usually a .380 as a BUG (or when I really need to be very covert!)

It's nice to have choices!
LOL! I do the same thing you do, as far as carry goes. It is good to have choices! ;)

·
Super Moderator
36,058 Posts
How do you like your .45 S&W Shield? Thinking about getting one.
It would be among the last that I would ever sell. Accurate, light, feels good in my hand. Rides in an Alien Gear IWB holster. The only drawback is the mag capacity. It ships with a 6 round flush and 7 round with a pinkie rest. I carry it 6 +1 (I prefer the manual safety model) and carry two extra 7 rounders in a DeSantis leather mag pouch weak side.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I swap out to keep myself familiarized with the many different manual of arms out there. IF SHTF no telling where or whom I`ll grab a gun off of (weapons dry and he/she is deceased) need to versed on many models and Nomenclatures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts