Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else out there think the new PT111G2 grips are a little too rough in the front? If so, what did you do about it? Would sanding them down just to take the "edge" off have any effect on the warranty? Being older with dry hands make these really bite.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I really like the rough feel of the grips. It's one of the features that drew me to this gun. I feel that in a defensive situation, that last thing you want is to lose your grip on the gun from sweaty hands or from someone trying to wrestle it from your grip. However, mine did have a rough snag spot on the right hand side around the Taurus logo. It was very annoying in the middle of my shooting palm. My wife's emery board quickly took care of that with one pass.
I wouldn't think that smoothing them down would have any effect on the warranty since it has no bearing on the operation of the pistol. If you plan on keeping it and using it as an EDC, then you should make it comfortable for you. That's my .02

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Check out tractiongrips.com They may not have exactly what you are looking for, but I hear it is pretty easy to modify their grips to suite your needs.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I'd go with a hogue handall or a pachmyer grip, there are all sorts of rubber sleaves out there. I would not modify the pistol by sanding on it, it would ruin the value if you ever decided to sell it.. plus when you sand something you cant put material you take off... back on..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd go with a hogue handall or a pachmyer grip, there are all sorts of rubber sleaves out there. I would not modify the pistol by sanding on it, it would ruin the value if you ever decided to sell it.. plus when you sand something you cant put material you take off... back on..
I just put a Hogue Handall Jr. on my PT111 and love what it's done. It slightly enlarged the grip (emphasis on "slightly") and gives a great grip. The pistol now really adheres to my hand. Though the grip is textured, it is soft to the hand.

Even if I were to have not liked it, for the few dollars, I wouldn't have been upset.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I don't like aggressively designed grips either. After all, I am a delicate creature.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I don't like aggressively designed grips either. After all, I am a delicate creature. Get one of the grip sleeves, that should solve the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts