Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's a good deal. If you have an Academy sports nearby they will match that price minus 5%. So that should bring you to $190 plus tax.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
That's a good deal. If you have an Academy sports nearby they will match that price minus 5%. So that should bring you to $190 plus tax.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Nice, Will they match Rural King's $199 or FDE PT140 ? Not sure if that is online only price.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I get a Vet discount of 5% at Cabela's which would bring their price to $189.99. I wonder if Academy would offer their 5% off THAT price to bring the Academy price down to $180.49. Might have to go over to my local Academy and ask.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I get a Vet discount of 5% at Cabela's which would bring their price to $189.99. I wonder if Academy would offer their 5% off THAT price to bring the Academy price down to $180.49. Might have to go over to my local Academy and ask.
I already have two two hundred dollar PT111G2s, and am about to receive another turd brown one in return for the Gen 1 PT 24/7 I returned, but how does one get a vet discount at Cabela's? I looked at their web site, and it says that you need to show a valid military ID. Haven't had one of those in decades. I could show them a DD 214, but they seem to want a military ID.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am pretty sure you have to have an active or retired ID card to get the 5% discount for military.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I already have two two hundred dollar PT111G2s, and am about to receive another turd brown one in return for the Gen 1 PT 24/7 I returned, but how does one get a vet discount at Cabela's? I looked at their web site, and it says that you need to show a valid military ID. Haven't had one of those in decades. I could show them a DD 214, but they seem to want a military ID.
I showed them my Honorable Discharge and original dog tag and they qualified me for the discount. Easy peasy.

Also, I checked with Academy and they will price match less 5% the ADVERTISED price of another retailer.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Chefduane, and mwj999.......I just wanted to say "Thank you" for your service!

Reactions: chefduane

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cabelas had 3 models, back, stainless and gray all at the 199usd mark. My daughter had a bday party not far from there yesterday...

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Whittaker Guns in KY is currently advertising the G2C for $199.99. Pretty good price.

Also Re: Academy Price match less 5% - Cabela's had Blazer Brass 9mm advertised today for $9.79/50 rounds while Academy had it listed for $10.99. Showed them the Cabela's ad and they took 5% off the $9.79 and I got 2 boxes for $9.30 each. 18.6 cents/round. I could have gotten the 5% off at Cabela's with my Vet discount but its 20 minutes in the wrong direction while Academy is right on my way to work. Heck, I've got a mind to show them the Whittaker ad for the G2C @$199.99 and see if they'd match that and take the 5% off to bring it to $189.99. That would be the lowest I've ever seen a G2C for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts