Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am looking at a used PT111 and had some questions?

It apparently a 2005 2nd Gen at the middle letter is "Y" and the "Pro" is on the left side.

Its in excellent shape. 2 small marks on finnish and seems like little internal wear.

My questions are:
1. Should I be able to easily see down into the action when the bolt is closed? I have not seen another auto with this? Kind of a space under the bolt?

2. How many mags where these originally sold with? I it has 1 12rd mag?

3. Is $275 a good deal?

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Templar1
My PT111 and PT145 both have a small gap on the right side. it aligns with the loaded chamber indicator. No big deal. Also, both came standard with 2 mags (new). I have seen used ones sold with only one though. As for pricing, well around my part of eastern P.A. I've seen the PT111 go for as high as $359. new and as low as $311. new. I was really fortunate to get mine on a super sale day for the low, low price of $211. ($228. after tax and backround check). So if feel that $275. is a little high for used w/one mag. I've been guilty though, for paying a wee bit more for some of my other guns. So, if your really want it and it is in great shape, then go for it. I'd just ask to go down a bit for the loss of a mag ($225. - $250. maybe).

Reactions: TexasDeputy

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got my 3rd gen for 295.00 nib from a local taurus dealer. I'd pay 225 tops, mags for these things are expensive. I say get a third gen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the advantage of a 3rd gen over a second?

This shop has the mags for $35. $275 + $35 would amke it about $310? They have a new one for $345.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Definatley go with a new one. The price he is asking is too high. Look on Gunbroker.com or budsgunshop.com and see what they may have one for. You can uisually get a FFL transfer for around $20-$30 so tack that onto the price, along with shipping.

A gunshow might be another option as well. Either way, you can do better that that price, and a new one would have two mags and no scratch.

Todd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See thats the thing I did look on Gunbroker/ Auctionarms and they all seem to be $300 and up? Figure in $20 shipping and $20 to my FFL, many even with only one mag? That would make me at least $20 above what this one would cost even with another mag at the $35.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Templar1 said:
What is the advantage of a 3rd gen over a second?

This shop has the mags for $35. $275 + $35 would amke it about $310? They have a new one for $345.
Second gen is DAO and third gen is SA/DA. Also, IMHO $310. is a bit high for used.

·
Registered
57 Posts
is the 345 for a blue or ss? go here: www.whittakerguns.com They don't have taurus prices online but they got em, call them and get a price. I am in no affiliated with whittaker guns, but their prices on everything can't hardly be beat.

Oh yea, no tax too if you are outside ky, that will help with the shipping and transfer fees.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work for Gander Mountain in New York and we sell the pt-111 for 349. new in box Ive sold used pt-111's for as little as 225. and they were almost mint so if he dont come down on price pass on it.Also see if that is the best Price he will give you,alot of times they will discount them say 10%-15% just to get rid of them cause they are such a terrible gun you know (LOL)I bought one new for my wife and she has put about 1500 rounds through it with no ftf of anykind the best part is she loves it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.