Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PT111 Pro Titanium which I took to the range for the first time, Tuesday. It performed flawlessly for the first 24 rounds of Winchester white box 115gr FMJ. After that the 6th round would FTF to the point I had to drop the mag and rack the slide. The cartridge was at a 45 degree angle and appeared to be wedged with the nose jammed into the top edge of the barrel. After the 6th round it would work okay. This happen with either mag. Plus, everyone once in a while I would get a FTF where no new cartridge fed but the slide returned to battery completely. Last, the slide would not lock open on the last round. It also shot very low.

Needless to say I was on the phone to Taurus when I got home. They were very friendly and recorded my problems and said FedEx would be there the next day to pick up the PT111, which they were.

So, now I wait to see what happens.

·
Administrator
35,559 Posts
Nice to hear that they will take care of it, and that you were patient - not all are. Good luck with repair.

Welcome to the forum, from Texas.

·
Registered
509 Posts
you have bad mags ans maybe a poor slide adjustment.
My 24/7 40C had this too, they fixed it.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Now that in my opinion was good custumer service and great on your part being as patient as you were good luck,also welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
way to be cool about it! i hope you are able to enjoy your pt111 as much as i have(800 rds flawless)!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes and I didn't mention that I have a PT145 Pro that has been flawless and can drive tacks.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from the Land of Lincoln.

brad49201 said:
Thanks for the welcomes and I didn't mention that I have a PT145 Pro that has been flawless and can drive tacks.
That's the way of it, some are lemons others are cherry.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE I got my PT111 back, today. :thumb: According to the paperwork it has a new barrel and the slide catch was adjusted. I won't have time to go shoot it until next week so I won't know until then if it is fixed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:) Well, congrats on getting it so fast. It took 3 months to get a new mag release for my pt111, and then it didn't work. I called Taurus and they had FedEx pick up the gun, and they received it 30 July. Got a letter about a week later that said estimated time would be 6-7 weeks. I've read a couple of posts where repairs have taken 6 months or more, so this is encouraging. Guess I'll give 'em a couple of weeks before I start nagging...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:mad: Okay, I took it to the range today and IT DOES THE EXACT SAME THING. On the sixth round, in a twelve round mag, it FTF, EVERYTIME. :bang: I left it with the gun shop's smith, to see if he can figure it out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The gunsmith says he can't figure it out either so it's going back to Taurus.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:mad: It went back 9/15, but they did pay for the shipping, again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, I got it back from the second trip to Brazil and the service order said they adjusted the slide. :???: I took it out to the range on Monday (10/27) and it STILL fails to feed the 6th round. So I called Taurus and told them, they said to send it back :mad: I did put a letter in with the firearm and told them I was fed up and wanted a refund. I included a copy of the bill of sale to see if they will refund my purchase.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
They might send you a brand new gun if they did that would you be ok with that?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, that would be okay. I do have a 1st Gen. (non-Pro) Millennium in the same gun so a refund would be nice but not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, I got it back again and it is still doing the same thing, so off to Brazil a fourth time. :bang:

·
Registered
417 Posts
have you had someone else shoot this firearm? 3 times and still not working seems rather far fetched.... no disrespect meant just a thought.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts