Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a loaner PT111 for a couple of weeks. I took it to the range last Saturday where it performed flawlessly, but noticed that the trigger seemed to have a lot of draw and some resistance each time I fired it. Last night I was watching some You Tube videos about the PT111 and saw that when it is in the cocked, single-action mode, trigger travel is very light until the point that the striker is about to release, and then some resistance is encountered. When in the decocked, double-action mode, resistance is more pronounced throughout trigger travel, due to having to cock the striker prior to firing. Is it possible for a PT111 to experience some type of failure to where it is always in the decocked mode, even after having been fired and the next round self-loaded in the chamber? In other words, everything works...the slide cycles and loads the next round, but the striker is not cocked. I have dry fired the gun and then pulled the trigger, then cycled the slide and pulled the trigger. Trigger action is exactly the same in both instances, there is absolutely no difference between either situation in travel or resistance. I'd like to know what's going on before deciding to keep it, so any help from more experienced users is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please refer to this post: Which generation of the Millennium series do I have?

If the PT111 you have is a 1st or 2nd gen MilPro, it has the DAO trigger instead of the SA/DA trigger that the 3rd gen MilPro's have.
Okay, yeah, now that you mention it, I remember reading about that. I have 2nd gen MilPro. DAO is what I have. Sigh...of all the things I've lost, I miss my memory the most. Thanks, Taurus10.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
TrucksNCoffee, I have news for you, Your memory ain't gonna get better. Trust me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts