Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even after some good cleanings, I'm having the same problem with the PT111 that I first described:
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=4425.msg36643#msg36643

It is a feeding problem that happens with both magazines and two brands of ammunition. It appears that the round is failing to fully chamber, leaving the slide sticking back about 1/4 of an inch. A push or smack forward can move the slide forward to fire, but the next round may or may not do the same thing.

This has been a chronic problem right out of the box with this handgun. Now, it has a live round stuck in the chamber with the slide jammed.

Update: I brought to my local range/store where I bought it, and they took a look. They fired 5 test rounds where it jammed 3 times. A LEO at the range took a look and noticed some burrs and dings on the rails of the slide. They smoothed these out, and fired five fast rounds to show me it was working. Strange that it came new with those problems, but I'm glad they are fixed.

Another Update: Took it to the range that same day and still had some jamming problems, but not as bad as before. I put about 200 rounds though it this time, and the slide problems improved over time, but still happens about 1 shot in 12.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This one sounds like a prime candidate for a trip back to Florida!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
My slide was doing the same thing, plus light strikes. I sent it back to Taurus to have it repaired. They "adjusted" the slide and replaced the trigger spring. Plus replaced the chipped guide rod. Seems to work fine now. If you send it back for warranty repairs (which I think you need to do) be prepared for a 8 week wait.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doug said:
This one sounds like a prime candidate for a trip back to Florida!
I wish I could go with it.... I need some sun.

·
Registered
138 Posts
high5apparatus said:
I wish I could go with it.... I need some sun.
LOL :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I got to pop off a quick 5 rounds with my PT111 last night after a class at the range/shop. All 5 flew with no problems with the gun. My wife then shot five and had one case of the slide failing to close all the way... maybe a limp-wristing.

We are going to shoot again tonight, so I'll put a lot of rounds through it and see if I have any slide problem. Then I'll decide on a Florida vacation for my Taurus or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts