Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have shot several rounds thru my PT11 and love the gun. Recently it decided to not allow me to rack the slide to eject a round to leave the chamber empty. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
I don't know if I can help much other than keep it pointed in a safe direction, and preferably outside until you get it fixed. Did you try dropping the magazine, and just firing the last round? Did the slide lock up while shooting? Maybe give us a few more details and some of the experts will be able to help out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to cycle when shooting only when trying to move it manually. I understand the pointing it in a safe direction, it did fire when I did that.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This may sound dumb and obvious, but did you make sure the safety is disengaged (down) and that the Taurus key lock is not locked or catching? The key lock pins the slide closed.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I had an empty case lock up mine . Turned out to be aluminum that really got a grip in the chamber. A gunsmith got it loose some how.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Same experience with a Steyr M 40 would not fire would not cycle or rack if ya prefer ended wth me keeping the trigger depressed so that the striker was disengaged pulling the slide off... Yes a live round was still present and placeing the slide up side down in a vise keeping saftey first in shop area using a mallet and a brass punch knocked the barrel up pulled out slide bar and main spring dumped the live round out of barrel then Thanked God and cleaned out my shorts found bits of brass was the culprit Federal Ammo (Factory) is off my list I use Remington UMCs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts