·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto part
Coil spring Screw Auto part Suspension part Suspension
Compact car
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Handgun holster

the G2 is on the left for eveything except the barrels and the springs they muust of uplaoded upside down or something

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Thanks for posting them. Think I will keep shooting & carrying my PT111 Pro. I like the similar profile and don't need the depth of the frame to accommodate the rail. IMHO it has become a home defense pistol, not a conceal carry pistol.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Have you noticed any differences in functionality or reliability?

Thanks for posting them. Think I will keep shooting & carrying my PT111 Pro. I like the similar profile and don't need the depth of the frame to accommodate the rail. IMHO it has become a home defense pistol, not a conceal carry pistol.
Ranch Dog, Why do you feel that the G2 is better suited as a home defense gun than a carry weapon?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank you for the pictures. I couldn't remember which recoil spring went with which pistol.
It didn't really matter they are interchangeable, but I wanted the new one in the new gun.

I guess they're right--disassemble one gun at a time!

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
No offense intended to those who like such do dads...but to me, putting a rail, light and/or laser on a compact concealed carry gun is like putting mud flaps and a trailer hitch of a Porsche.

Just plain ole "Silly"..:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:..it defeats the whole purpose of the breed. :r_c:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
My Evita carries very well. I don't need no G2.

My 24/7's work very well. They don't need no G2 either.

Snooty, ain't I?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for the photo comparison of the PT 111 Pro and Millennium G2.

The Millennium G2's rails seem a little too minimalist compared to the full rails in the 111 Pro. The captive recoil springs and magazines are interchangeable, though. How do shooting characteristics compare?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I won't be adding a fricken light , I/we travel alot and it's a piece of mind tool not to be blinged out and made useless !
I simply bought this model due to it being the same price and I liked the way it felt over the 1 st gen. I handled them both .
Just my .02

Reactions: 24ktdad

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm not sure how a rail makes this an inadequate carry.. Adding lights lasers and a bunch of other zombie equipment, I can see that. I have a PT111 MilPro which has no rail and a PT145 MilPro with the rail, both are very functional as carry, as I'm sure the G2 PT111 coming tomorrow will as well. As always, this is just my uneducated opinion.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Ranch Dog, Why do you feel that the G2 is better suited as a home defense gun than a carry weapon?
Moondawg has expressed my thoughts, the gun has become bulky. If I wear my PT111 Pro out I will try to buy NOS or go back to the Glock 26 but the newer G4.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Millennium G2 does look bulkier, even with the tinier rails. I would like to try and see how it carries compared to the Millennium Pro.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Judging from the pictures from the OP the G2 doesnt seem any bulkier than the pt111. They added the rail but i dont see that as being much bulk at all. the rest of the gun looks almost identical in size.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I won't be adding a fricken light , I/we travel alot and it's a piece of mind tool not to be blinged out and made useless !
I simply bought this model due to it being the same price and I liked the way it felt over the 1 st gen. I handled them both .
Just my .02
Same feeling Aljay so no need for the rail in the first place. See you are from Texas, what did the PT111G2 run you price wise. PT111Pros are $329 at Academy.

When they announced the pistol, I used some screen calipers to compare the two and yes, they are larger in all respects. As a carry piece, that starts the whole new search for holster and magazine pouch. There is already some open posts asking just this. It is different enough in size that it is not going to fit any of the PT111Pro choices about the same difference in change that the Pro was from the straight PT111. May be the carry accessories from another will work as it has always seemed that the suppliers (non custom) are slow to respond to the Taurus product line.

I'm sure it will all work out.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I like the rail just for the look of the more squared of front end. Personal choice I guess. Doesn't impact my 145 at all when carrying.

Reactions: 24ktdad

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the new G2 is actually less bulky it fits in the same holster as my old Pt111 pro, but fits easier, as far as the rail, if you dont want a light then just simply dont use one, i got this gun about $100 cheaper than my old one and i like the grips ways better. Ihave not got t shoot it yet but when i do ill keep you guys posted on the performance of it

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
the new G2 is actually less bulky it fits in the same holster as my old Pt111 pro, but fits easier, as far as the rail, if you dont want a light then just simply dont use one, i got this gun about $100 cheaper than my old one and i like the grips ways better. Ihave not got t shoot it yet but when i do ill keep you guys posted on the performance of it
Well may be it isn't as large as I thought. Of course, finding one near me to handle is another matter. Please keep the reports coming as you shoot it.

Posted via Tapatalk!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Same feeling Aljay so no need for the rail in the first place. See you are from Texas, what did the PT111G2 run you price wise. PT111Pros are $329 at Academy.

When they announced the pistol, I used some screen calipers to compare the two and yes, they are larger in all respects. As a carry piece, that starts the whole new search for holster and magazine pouch. There is already some open posts asking just this. It is different enough in size that it is not going to fit any of the PT111Pro choices about the same difference in change that the Pro was from the straight PT111. May be the carry accessories from another will work as it has always seemed that the suppliers (non custom) are slow to respond to the Taurus product line.

I'm sure it will all work out.
RD I paid 357 out the door was in the store less than 30 min. Guess having haz. Mat. Endorsement on CDL speeds up background check ! Lol

P.S dawg doesn't Victoria have an academy ?
I used to own and operate my own 18 wheeler I'm from Corpus Christi I used to run all over south Tx.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I have both the Pt-111 Gen 3 and the new G2. I cannot tell any difference in size, the G2 just fits and feels better. The rail is not an issue as for me.

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
I like the rail, but not going to run out and buy a Mil G2 because of it. I don't work car travel as much as in the past, but having a pistol with the rail would allow me to duplicate my full size HD weapon using a QD LED light when in the room for the night and removing to CC during the day. In my case, when I do car travel, I carry both pistols, CCW and HD, because of the LED.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts