Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been considering a mil pro pt111 and now am completely confused since the release of the 24/7 compact. what are the pros and cons for each gun. i plan to take a trip to the gun shop in the near future to examine the 24/7c in person...

·
Registered
116 Posts
mrnuke7571 said:
Good question. Although I've heard and seen mag issues with the 24/7 dropping free and not locking back.
On the new 24/7 Pro Compacts where is this info at? I would like to read up on it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The PT111 is part of the PT1XX family - all very similar in form and function - I own the PT140 (40S&W) and the 24/7c (9mm) -

As you can see they are very close in size, the 24/7 being slightly more bulky. The 24/7 is just slightly heavier. I *think* the bore axis is slightly lower on the 24/7 - yielding slightly less recoil. I don't notice the difference much, but I'm pretty used to 40S&W in compacts.

The 24/7 ships with a standard compact magazine and a 17-round magazine with an extension sleeve to bridge the gap. Works great and for range work it saves reload time. Or carry it that way, though it makes the grip a little long for my taste.

Both are good solid guns - good solid value for money. The 24/7 is a somewhat newer design, but there's nothing wrong with the PT design.

I believe that you'll pay a little less for the PT111, but either should serve you well.

Oh, forgot to mention the 'ribber' grips on the 24/7 - a very comfortable grip.

Go to www.taurususa.com for specs. They don't have the 24/7c images up yet, but the specs are there to read.

·
32,803 Posts
I can piggyback on and vouch for what Kansas-plainsman has said. Both guns are easy to shoot and maintain. Mine is a PT111 Mil/pro and have limited use of the 24/7, but what has been written by K-P is all true.

Trying out both models and deciding which one fits you and your needs is what is important.
Diatribe aside from other forums there have been no major problems with these guns.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I probably would have picked up the 24/7 if they had any in stock when I bought my PT111 yesterday. I really wanted the PT145 but they had none of those in stock either. I wanted the gun for my CCW class this weekend so I didn't have time to wait for it to be ordered. I'm happy with the PT111 for the most part, I'm not a big fan of the mag release button. I kept accidentally hitting it while I was shooting the gun today. The button is right where I like to rest my thumb. I think the larger grips on the PT145 would have kept my thumb out of the way.

·
32,803 Posts
Dave, do you shoot with thumbs locked up,down , or straight out? Maybe I am preaching to the choir here, but I've been shooting thumbs locked down just to keep what you describe from happening.

·
32,803 Posts
Like I said earlier,I have to shoot with both my thumbs locked down or the same thing happens as you have described. Otherwise this leads to too many malfunctions or oops problems. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
i finally got to see one a few days ago, luckily i was out of state so could not be tempted to buy it (but still managed to spend $200 anyway). but i did the same thing i took a millenium and the compact and put them side by side, other than fitting my hand better i could not find a difference between them. all that said, i have wanted to round out my millenium collection with a pt145, but because of compatability issues, will probably opt for the 24/7 45 compact, as my primary weapon is the 24/7 in 45. from my understanding mags and such interchange, the idea of having all compatable stuff when packing a back up is nice. has anyone see the compact in 45 yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.