Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wonderful father gave me a few bucks for Xmass. Usally the gift $ goes into the bank for whatever... (I don't operate the checking accts.) So I bought the PT111 before the $ melted my wallet, and will shoot this weekend. It's the perfect size for CCW, my 1911 was a little large.

Schu

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love my PT111. I carry it in a www.southernholsters.com 'Memphis' IWB holster and it conceals very easily even with just short and a T-shirt. I have about 1000 rounds through it without any failure of any kind. The long trigger pull took a little getting used to but it has smoothed out nicely with use. Some people say that the straight eight sights are hard to use, but they aren't much different than the sights on the PPK/S that I previously carried and I acually prefer them to a three dot sight. I would like to find some straight eight night sights for it. Good luck and hope that you enjoy it.

Adam

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I also have the PT111, and in general I love the thing. I use either the Fobus sp11b holster, or a soft IWB nylon that I picked up at the local gun shop.

I of course cannot get the sights down, or my trigger pull. But I know your gonna like the size and concealability.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I use either the Fobus sp11b holster, or a soft IWB nylon that I picked up at the local gun shop.
Ditto. I have a custom holster as well, but I find the above combination works best for me.
And if it doesn't, A Keltec in the pocket does ;)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
mrglock,

Is that David Spade on your new avatar? :eek:

Schu,

Congrats on your new PT-111 and look forward to hearing about your range report.

·
Registered
7 Posts
new guy here......hello, my brother bought me a pt111 mil. pro in 9mm for christmas this year "good brother eh?".....i know....anyway, today we went to the range and my sister came too with her boyfriend's glock model 26.....i like glock's....but not this model...too small for my hand's and i did not shoot it good at 21 feet.....now my pt111 at the same distance...i put 10 shot's in a group about the size of a golf ball.....and 2 flyer's....pretty good for a $300 pistol :D......and it was with winchester bulk ammo....the gun cycled great.....i love this gun.....i am so glad we started looking at taurus gun's.....one day i'll figure out how to upload pic's of target's and post some up.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts