Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experiencing too many light strikes with my pt111. Sometimes a second or third strike will set it off and other times a hundred won't "light it up". Are there any spring kits available to solve this problem? any other remedies?

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Someone on here has made their own firing pin spring which is all metal. You may just have a broken firing pin spring assembly which you can get from Taurus CS for $2 plus shipping.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I have been experiencing too many light strikes with my pt111. Sometimes a second or third strike will set it off and other times a hundred won't "light it up". Are there any spring kits available to solve this problem? any other remedies?
If it is your home defense / carry gun, I'd consider contacting Taurus about the problem if you don't come away from this thread with a solution to the problem.

Taurus warranty service will take good care of your pistol.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Taurus gave me a new firing pin spring, I think. I bought an extra just in case.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Have you had this problem over several brands of ammo or just one?

I had a rash of this on 2 different guns a short while back, but it was all with Tula ammo. Switched ammo- problem gone.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you had this problem over several brands of ammo or just one?

I had a rash of this on 2 different guns a short while back, but it was all with Tula ammo. Switched ammo- problem gone.
You know, now that you mention it i think it was all with tula primers (handloads) and tula factory loads. I think I'll see what other sp primers i have on hand and perhaps pick up some decent factory ammo as well and have a go at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts