Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold a Ruger LC9, didn't like the trigger, and am going to purchase a PT111 to go with my PT745. Which should I go with the tried and true Pt111 MilPro or the new G2? Any advise out there?

· Registered
6,986 Posts
I just sold a Ruger LC9, didn't like the trigger, and am going to purchase a PT111 to go with my PT745. Which should I go with the tried and true Pt111 MilPro or the new G2? Any advise out there?
Welcome from Texas! If you don't need the accessory rail, the 3 dot sights and the new Glock-like trigger on the G2, I would say either one would be good for you.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually here in Ohio the G2 is $20 cheaper than the MilPro. I don't NEED any of those things but I really like the feel of the MilPro.

· Registered
5,231 Posts
Actually here in Ohio the G2 is $20 cheaper than the MilPro. I don't NEED any of those things but I really like the feel of the MilPro.
Go with whatever feels best in your hands. At the end of the day, you are the one shooting it. :)

I was all set to get myself a PT709, then I picked up the MilPro. The rest, as they say is history....

· Registered
12,344 Posts
If the G2 Milpros are made like the 24/7 G2 then it has two inserts that provide little pieces of rail at the front and rear. The older Milpros have a full alloy mini frame with full size rails, and personally I like that better. It's a proven design that will take a lot of punishment. My $.02

· Registered
90 Posts
I like my MillPro PT 111 just fine! I dont see me mounting any lasers and/or lights on the weapon...it seems to me, that presents a target for the bad guy to shoot at.

Reactions: DBMMD and jwc007

· Administrator
19,777 Posts
If the G2 Milpros are made like the 24/7 G2 then it has two inserts that provide little pieces of rail at the front and rear. The older Milpros have a full alloy mini frame with full size rails, and personally I like that better. It's a proven design that will take a lot of punishment. My $.02
I like my MillPro PT 111 just fine! I dont see me mounting any lasers and/or lights on the weapon...it seems to me, that presents a target for the bad guy to shoot at.
+1 ! Glad I bought my PT-111 (G1) when I did.

Reactions: MilProGuy

· Registered
8 Posts
I have the Pt111 Mill G2. Paid $340 out the door. I have only had it for a week but it have been great. I will post some pictures soon. It has alot smoother edges than the Mill Pro and a sand paper like grip. It feels very nice in my hand. take down is easy and so far it shoots straight.

Attachments

· Registered
65 Posts
G2 all the way! it is a much better balanced gun and thinner; its not top heavy like last millpros. however the trigger may look like a glock but it's still way too long, just like the last millpro. if it actually felt like a glock (like the ruger sr9c does), then taurus would have hit a HOME RUN! but no...

· Registered
2,513 Posts
I had previously settled on the pt111as my next purchase, but now that Ive seen the G2 i am unsure as well. Can someone who has handled both or with more knowledge list off some of the major differences?

· Registered
87 Posts
I bought the G2 for two reasons. First, I really liked the way it looked. Secondly, I have no off switch when it comes to buying handguns.
I will give you my opinion on the two models:
The Mil Pro seems more solid. The sights on the G2 are plastic rather than steel. (I already replaced the front sight with a tritium sight from a PPS.)
The G2 has more magazine wiggle (this may tighten up some after time?)
It's really a personal decision on which one to choose. It would be nice if you could at least handle both to help you decide.
If you're ever in the Berea area, give me a call and you can check them out.
Denny

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My decision was to go with the tried and true PT 111 MilPro. The G2 looked nice and was less expensive but I'm not the Beta Tester type so that made up my mind. Besides, I really like the PT745 and they are almost identical. One thing that I had not seen before was this gun has a black stainless steel slide with the sides brushed. First one I've seen from Taurus.

· Administrator
19,777 Posts
My decision was to go with the tried and true PT 111 MilPro. The G2 looked nice and was less expensive but I'm not the Beta Tester type so that made up my mind. Besides, I really like the PT745 and they are almost identical. One thing that I had not seen before was this gun has a black stainless steel slide with the sides brushed. First one I've seen from Taurus.

· Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
My decision was to go with the tried and true PT 111 MilPro. The G2 looked nice and was less expensive but I'm not the Beta Tester type so that made up my mind. Besides, I really like the PT745 and they are almost identical...
Your PT745 will be in some mighty fine company with your new PT111. ;)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PT111 MilPro Range Report. I put about 80 rounds through the new PT111 with two fail to feeds. I figure that will go away with use. One thing I noticed was that it's easy to rapid fire and fell right back on target. I didn't like the rain of brass that fell on me though. It seemed to all go straight up rather than to the right. Is that normal? I tried Fedral and Blaser FMJ and Winchester JHP personal protection rounds with no real burps.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.