Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, they will work. I had to establish a slot for the mag release using a thin disk grinder on the mag. I taped the original mag and 24/7 mag together with paper in between to mark the 24/7 mag. A square helps. Removing the bottom cap and spring/follower is also a good idea. I ordered a 3 pack of the 24/7 spacers from Taurus. These required dremeling on the rear where it meets the rear base of the handle. I also had to use a bench wheel grinder to grind off about 1/16" evenly off of the top. I also installed the Truglo TFX night sights. The rear goes on snug without any filing or grind. I used a hammer and flat punch with plastic in between. The front sight was a little aggravating. I had to grind off about 3-4 threads from the screw that was provided and grind down the edges of the socket to reduce the diameter and flatten out the mouth to be able to get to the hex screw to tighten it. I also degreased the area and used a ton of red thread locker. After several mags it worked flawlessly. I got the parts and gun in yesterday and did all of this in less than 2 hours (hunting tools, clean up and all). I love the Truglo night sights. Not so bright they're distracting but very visible in low light or pitch black. I'm also going to try the P226 18 round with the XGrip. I ordered a 32 round mag to try also. I can add more pics or help in any way. Let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you! I had all intentions of using the flathead too but my girlfriend came stomping out on the porch and the screw fell off of the grill and through the cracks on the porch. Go figure. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts