Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday, I went to the range and put another 100 error free rounds through my 9mm. Still unhappy that my shots were left. That's an improvement over "low and left". Utilized some spousal approval units and went back to the range today for some 1 on 1 range time with a competition shooter. He showed me some things that I was doing wrong with my grip and the placement of my off (left) hand. After that, nothing seriously wrong with my form. He, then, shot my pistol and his group was left too. We spent a few clusters of 5 shots adjusting the rear sight. When we were done, I was able to put 3 out of 5 bullets through the little man at upper left corner of the silhouette at 15 feet.

Of course, the minute he left, I pushed the target back to 21 feet and started pulling left again :mad:. Funny, when I focused on the techniques he showed me, I was almost dead on target, which shows I still have lots of work to do.

In other news, the G2 had three FTFs today, but I'm going to chalk that up to not cleaning the pistol after yesterday's range trip. I was firing Federal FMJs.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today, I got one ONE box of 9mm ammo to use at the range. I started out shooting so far left it was embarrassing :mad: By the time I got to the end of my box, I had figured out my grip and trigger finger placement and was drilling the center circle. My son was so surprised, he asked me what I fixed. It is definitely a trigger issue with me.

No issues at all today. Pistol performed flawlessly.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Sounds as if you are spending some quality time with your Millennium G2. :thumb:

My piano teacher used to say: "perfect practice makes perfect".

Reactions: codegeek
1 - 3 of 3 Posts