Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you using the pad of your trigger finger when you pull the trigger? I found that when I am shooting mine it is easy to put too much finger through the trigger guard and because of the long trigger pull, I had a tendency to pull the shots low left.... pulled my finger back a little to just use the pad and suddenly my groups centered up nicely.

And yes, the barrel to slide alignment looks proper.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back from the range. The PT111 G2 shoots low left. I also shot my Rossi 357 which shot on target. I had my friend (who is a very good shot) shoot the PT111 and he shot low/left. If you look at the pics on the original post (blow it up) you will notice a large gap at the top between the barrel and the slide. It looks as if the barrel is pointing low/left. Maybe I am wrong but it sure looks that way to me. If I am wrong, please let me know. THANKS

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
There has to be a small gap over the top of the barrel or you could never get it out. It looks fine.

Ninety- nine percent of us shoot small guns low and left when we start out, (unless we shoot left-handed then it's low-right.) It takes more concentration, I guess, to pull the trigger straight back all the way. I fought it for months, even moved the sights, then gradually had to move them back to center as I got better. I can shoot center, now just have to hold a little high.

It's the best reason to practice perfect practice. And you get to have all the fun of shootin'.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Trigger, trigger, trigger. Its common for even experienced shooters to shoot low left with the 111.
I am surprised that Taurus did not switch to another trigger on the G2.
I have had the 111 Pro for nearly 5 years now. Low left was a serious problem for me. Time works it out- it limbers a bit and you get used to it.

Believe it or not- what is more than likely happening- if you are not accustomed to a long spongy trigger pull, you are probably pulling the gun off aim point by the time the trigger breaks. I have shot a lot of guns over the years- the 111 is the only gun I have ever had that I could not hit the target with out of the box. I can hit the target now- but good groups- no.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yes, I agree. It is a short barrel pistol with a long pull. However, the more I shoot the more I notice little quirks. I clean and lube my pistol after every range trip. I'm noticing something like a binding or grinding with the trigger at break point. It isn't smooth. It is like it's grinding against something or the firing pin spring is binding. The gun fires and I have no real issues but I just noticed it.

The grouping issue - I'm not sure what to expect at 21' with 115gr range loads. And, as advised by Wino, I'm shooting distances beyond 21'. I was way left..but I concentrated and came back to target. So, the PT111 is doing its job.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Just got back from the range. The PT111 G2 shoots low left. I also shot my Rossi 357 which shot on target. I had my friend (who is a very good shot) shoot the PT111 and he shot low/left. If you look at the pics on the original post (blow it up) you will notice a large gap at the top between the barrel and the slide. It looks as if the barrel is pointing low/left. Maybe I am wrong but it sure looks that way to me. If I am wrong, please let me know. THANKS
This was my experience today as well. I wasn't just left, I was way left. I was actually ready to get rid of my G2. Before I got to the end of my 1 allotted box of ammo, I stumbled across the correct grip and trigger finger placement and put 4 of 5 rounds through the center circle. My son even asked me what I fixed. I am not without hope for fixing this.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just for kicks, take a look at this short video:
You might find a bit of help here. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts