Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just shot my new pistol, must say I am impressed, especially considering the price. I am not real happy with the sights though, and was wondering, for you guys that have the Williams Firesights, where did you buy them? I can't find them online, except direct from Williams. Midway only has them for the old Milleniums, not the pro model. Same with Brownells. Thanks for any ideas! :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Give us a report... and pics!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have still not fired my new gen three pt 111 mp, and maybe won't for a while as I will be gone for a few months to stay warm and play a little golf. I have been trying to get familiar with the workings of the Taurus, watching teardown videos and reading the posts here. I did not like the sight picture with the straight eights out of the box. I researched sights and ordered the Williams Firesights, ordered the wrong ones. sent them back, reordered the dovetail. But actually the point of this is that I have been trying to determine the best way to uninstall/install the dovetail sights and have decided to fabricate a clamp with a screw type pusher that I think will work, as I don't want to use a hammer on a new gun. However I have read several posts indicating left or right groupings, then I noticed that my original sights (rear) are not centered on the slide, they are lined up with the extreme right side of the flat top surface, leaving a lot of the left side open, I think this would produce groups to the right of Center. So, a question. Does the factory sight them in, or do they just slap them on, fire it once and ship?
UPDATE!!!
I originally thought right of center, woke up this morning thinking left, because of FORS, either way it would be wrong sight placement, unless slide out of square. If this is a common occurance most would shoot left out of box, which I see a lot here and other forums. You might check yours out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will report on them when they arrive. They told me a week to 10 days. My pistol was shooting low and left like most here. They told me they are regulated to shoot to POA, unlike the factory sights. I hope so. :-\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.