Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for a nice holster for my PT111 Mill Pro 9mm. I have read through the various threads on holsters that fit this unit. I have gathered it is NOT the same as the standard PT111. I would like to try to compile a list of known to fit holsters with the help of everyone here. Please use model #'s and web links where possible. I'll start with what I do know.

The Fobus SP11B and SP11BA paddle and ankle holsters are designed for the mil pro and will fit.

My fobus for my springfield xd 4" .45acp is not a fit.

Also, do we know of any usable direct cross references?? i.e. the PT145??

Let's compile some difinitive information and good feedback on what you are using.

Thanks all for the help. Great forum!!!

Duane

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I have the Fobus, and a Don Hume that fits my PT111, and the same one will fit the other Mil Pro's 9mm, 40, 45. I checked a lot of the other makers, there is a list of them in the concealed carry section of the forum. You can search them out, most sites have cross references on them.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use a Galco SkyOps tuckable & a Gun-Works IWB for my XD45ACP Service. They will also fit my PT111 Mil Pro snuggly, so I use them for Both Handguns. You will have about 3/4" of empty holster at the end, but it's no big deal to me. Beats buying separate holsters.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2750&CatalogID=7
http://www.tennesseeholstercompany.com/our_stuff.htm

For summer carry on my PT111, I use an Uncle Mikes #16 IWB. It fits it great.

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/inside_the_pant_holsters.html

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Myetball said:
I've got an SP11B for my PT145. Since the holster is actually made for an XD, the mil/pros don't really fit right but are still held securely by the trigger guard. About the only part of the gun that touches the holster is the trigger guard and the vertical area of the slide just above the engraving.
Are you saying this may not be a proper holster for the PT111?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
one thing ive come across there are holster for the pt111 now its to you to make a choice you want a kydex? leather?shoulder? i post it a link for that paticular holster you links advice all left for you is the homework thanks good luckNow tell me if these not proper these made for that gun not an XD hope thid helps

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
um so what fobus fits the milpro's good? you're saying the sp11b does'nt? it's true it's also listed for springfield XD's.. they also list the ru97 as fitting the 24/7 and milpro's

on the other hand the ru97 is also listed for ruger and cz's

there is also another two holsters for the 1st gen non pro's

can anyone else confirm the sp11b as a sloppy fit? or who the ru97 fit? the ru97 has more options as well i prefer belt over paddles anyway.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Does it fit correctly? I'll let you know in a few days, I ordered it because of the low price. I wanted a paddle holster to use at times for the convenience, maybe I should have spent another $35 for a Don Hume. We'll see. I will post pictures in a few days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts