Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be behind the ball on this, but I realized today that Sig P226 Mags will work in the PT111 pistol. Obviously they stick out funny from the bottom, but they do lock in and cycle rounds. I have not had the chance to try live fire with these, but I think they will function just fine. I have to assume they will work in the G2 as well, seeing how they can use the same Taurus mags. Anyway, just thought I'd share.;)

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
You would be correct - I have several 226's (MecGar) I use in my PT Mil Pro's (which uses same mag as G2 Mil) - also use my PT24/7 mags in same (not G2 24/7)

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
13 round SIG 228 & 229 magazines will work too.

They just stick out an extra 3/4" for the gain of 1 round capacity.

However it's a nice field expedient to know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Being a bit of a cheapskate, I found a way to modify Beretta 92 mags to work perfectly in my PT111 Mil. Pro 9mm. Yes, the bottom of the mag sticks out an inch...I carry the gun with the original mag, and carry two 15 rounders extra in the event I need them, in which case the mag sticking out the bottom will not matter.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I did find that if I held my pt92 mags into my pt111 g2 I could get it to hand cycle, the notch just didn't line up to hold them in. Since I modified several Beretta 92 mags for my pt92, I assume you could modify them to work in a pt111...seems I was right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Stu, that does work if hand held, but not because they are correctly catching the mag release. The slot for the mag release is about 1/2" higher on a PT111 mag than on a 92. I have to make my cut for the catch that much higher.

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
Could anyone tell me if the same holds true for the PT 140 G2 and the P226 .40 S&W mags? My P226 in .40 S&W is my every day carry and the PT 140 would make a great backup especially if they can share mags.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Stu, that does work if hand held, but not because they are correctly catching the mag release. The slot for the mag release is about 1/2" higher on a PT111 mag than on a 92. I have to make my cut for the catch that much higher.
Yeah, I figured that out when I compared the two mags against each other. There is way too much cutting involved for me to actually try it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just curious, before I started digging around, is there a thread with user's reporting compatible components (sights, mags, triggers, springs, etc), either aftermarket, or non-model-matching for the PT111 g2? I would be interested in dressing up or hacking away any projects which have been reported to work well.

For those curious, i just posted a find on 17 round grip extension for the PT111 from a 3d-printing site:
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=Magazine+pt111

·
Registered
185 Posts
Add the Canik TP9 18 round mags by Mec Gar to the list of mags that work in the G2!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts