Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading about the 24/7 magazines fitting in the pt111 pro's and decided to buy a couple of the 17 +1 mags. however i have not ordered from online gun stores except for one time. what stores do you guys reccomend for making my purchases.

thanks for all replies

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've ordered from cheaperthandirt and it was a good experience.

I'll be interested to know if those mags work for you. Please be sure to update.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya ill post a report

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you could link me to some articles or threads on the subject, I'd appreciate it. I have the two factory mags that came with my pt111, and if I'm going to get a 3rd, it may as well be a hi-cap. Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use Able Ammo, prices aren't the best, but service is good. Plus they ship UPS, and I can grab my stuff right after it comes off the semi.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went to my local gun store today to purchase some more snap caps from them and I remembered reading this post a while back... I mentioned it to the gun smith on the floor that the I heard that the 24/7 17rd 9mm Magazine would fit the pt111 Pro and he was intrigued to find out... so we took the pt111 that he had and he found one of the 17 round magazines and we were able to fit the two together, the magazine locked into place. The slide was able to be pushed back, lock in the back position and slide forward without any hassle... He would not let me load it for obvious reasons so I dont know if a bullet would actually chamber, but it certainly looked like it would.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yakove.... did you not buy it? I guess we are all waiting around for the first guinea pig!

If you all wait long enough that pig is going to be me.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
:mad: Not if I can find a 24/7 9mm 17rd before you do. :rolleyes:

Everytime I go to the shops, they are out. They order, they come in and their gone immediately. :???:

·
Registered
41 Posts
hehe in this particular instance the 17 round mag was one of the rental mags and was not up for purchase... or I would have and he didn't have any more in stock... I'll call the other store and see if they have one for purchase... If they do I'll go out and get it today... if it doesn't work, there is always ebay

·
15,931 Posts
Someone on this site, has already gotten some, and said they work. I just want one to be my personal backup mag, for when the ghouls and spooks come out.

Or when the home invasion guys try to hit my place.

We have been warned that several homes in the area, they approached the house, saying they were selling something, then pushed their way in to rob the older folks. Boy, do I have a supprise in my pockets for them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Robby said:
I just want one to be my personal backup mag, for when the ghouls and spooks come out.

Or when the home invasion guys try to hit my place.
Sometimes it takes 17+ rounds to take down a meth addict who is wearing a flak jacket.... or brain eating zombies without a jacket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
high5apparatus said:
Sometimes it takes 17+ rounds to take down a meth addict who is wearing a flak jacket.... or brain eating zombies without a jacket.
yea meth addicts are scary, but as far as the zombies go.... ???What on earth??? ok watching a little too much George A Romero there my friend... hey Robby I noticed you own "The Judge" how much kick do those 410 shot shells give cause my Fiance wants one and im not sure if she can handle the recoil... and back on topic I'm trying to find on google or youtube a movie or something to show someone actually firing a 17 rd 24/7mag from a 111...

·
15,931 Posts
To do a one time answer about the JUDGE! Mine is a 6.5" barreled cannon, I am not sure if the shorter ones buck more or not. I can say to me the kick was no more than my snubby 357, loaded with 38's, or my PT111 loaded with 124's.

If you use a good grip, it is sweet to fire. Of course mine loaded weighs almost 3.5 lbs I think. So if she can fire a 38, or 357 there should be no problem what so ever.

That being said, yeah there is a bit of a blast shooting it. acutually, and figuratively. I love it, and now if the money works out, I was a 450 snubby, 45 colt for a little brother for it.

·
15,931 Posts
I took the plunge yesterday, and had the cheapest gun shop, order me 24/7 mags 17 rd 9mm. Should be in by Thursday at the latest. Maybe before.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Robby said:
I took the plunge yesterday, and had the cheapest gun shop, order me 24/7 mags 17 rd 9mm. Should be in by Thursday at the latest. Maybe before.
I was looking at a Springfield XD .45 at the range yesterday, and they look like they have long magazines with a spacer to fill the gap between the grip and the base of the mag. I wonder if we can fashion something similar for the 17 round magazines in the pt111?

·
Registered
212 Posts
This might sound horribly naive but... do the Millennium Pro pistols come with one or two factory magazines? My PT140 included only one magazine in the case. I bought it recently, brand new.

I.:.C

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
All newer Mil Pros ship with two mags as far as I know.

Taurus makes the grip extension for the 24/7 compact so that it will accept full size mags like Springfield makes for the XD. I don't think it would work very well on the Mil Pros though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.