Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I tear it up how do I get the bottom plate off the magazine in a PT111 Pro. I know that some magazines have a latch that you press but I can't find one on these and don't want to damage it removing the plate. ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I give up, I have checked my manual and downloaded the one off of the Taurus site and can't find the directions in either place. ??? I will admit that my eyes aren't that good. :D

The reason I asked this was that I assumed that my magazines were similar to the ones for the PT145 but they do not have the notch in the front of it for inserting a screwdriver to pry it off and they have a hole in the plate rather than being solid like the ones in the posted pictures. Again I assume that you insert something into the hole to release the "tab" and then pry the plate to slide it off but I wanted to be sure. My other guns have a catch that you depress and then the plate easily slides off. These seem to be much tighter.

Either way I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
check on page 11 and 12 of the polymer pistol manual at the Taurus website. To remove the floorplate, insert a punch into the opening on the bottom of the floorplate, while holding the magazine spring plate down, use the punch to lever the floorplate off. The floorplate will not move easily so it will take some effort. I finally got mine off this way

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much. I am blind or maybe old age is catching up with me, :-[
possibly both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts