Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only owned the gun, since 10/23. I have put about 300 rds thru it only.

I loaded the first 150 manually with my thumb, so did not notice any problem with the one mag.

However, after I got a loader to save my hands, I started to notice that when I put a round in, and pulled the loader up to do the next round, before I could push it back, the one I just inserted would pop out unless I was very careful. I thought it was just me being new loading the mags.

Then I noticed that is was happening in only one mag. So I put the other one next to it, and one I bought at a local shop and the one mag had a much wider opening at the top of the thing toward the feed section.

I guess my question on this is should I pursue getting a replacement from Taurus? Try to bend the gap a bit tighter myself to fix this? Forget about it and just carefully load it? I have not had any failure to feed incidents, just tough time using the loader and having the last round pop out before I can push it to the back of the mag.

Oh if you have not guessed, I am new to auto loaders. My other gun is a 6.5 inch Stainless JUDGE!, which I have not been able to find a good speed loader for the 5 45 Colts. Got a couple soft rubber ones, thru MidwayUSA, but have not seen any hard type good ones for the 5 shot.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok the 2nd verse to this story is!!

The shipping dealer will provide a new magazine, which will probably be delivered to where I picked up the gun by Friday or at the latest Monday!

I wonder why every gun shop I go into only has the 10 rd magazines for the PT111, and PT111 Pro 10 shot version, and not the 12 round version. I watched the guy opening boxes of Taurus factory mags, and every PT111 was not the 12 shot version. I guess I have complained enough after getting good service on replacing a bad Mag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts