Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a good leather holster for concealed carry for the taurus pt111?.......what do you have and how do you like it?.....i've read some review's on midway usa's web site about people having problem's with the gun not fitting right in the holster.......i'm interested in a high ride holster with thumb strap......thank's

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Glad to see you joined us here from HGF. Another helpfull bunch here. Probably the best thing to do is run a Search. Holsters are a continuing topic.
Welcome aboard. Jump in. Enjoy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know you said leather, but I have to throw this one in. I have a Comp-tac C-TAC (http://www.comp-tac.com/ct_ctac.html) and I love it. I carry my PT111 in it and it fits perfectly. It is actually comfortable, I just had to find the right spot (for me 3:30-4:00 o'clock). I can run with it on and don't have to hold the gun, it doesn't move at all, plus unlike leather, the holster doesn't soak sweat, so it might protect the gun a little more than leather. Also, I have mine with the velcro clips, so you don't even see the clips even when carrying with the shirt tucked-in. To conceal the 'bulge' I place my cell phone very near the gun, and no, it does not interfere with the draw.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i also have a comptac holster and it work great it does take alittle time to break in though because at first it is really stiff to pull the gun out of but after about a week or so it is sompletely broken in

·
Registered
7 Posts
for anyone interested...i just bought a de Santis leather holster model 001b6...made for the glock 19....but my pt111 mill pro fit's great in it....

·
Registered
33 Posts
here is a pic of y PT111 in a galco xd9 holster. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got a Crossbreed Supertuck for my PT111 Pro. It's leather against the skin and Kydex for the gun. So far it feels great and I am sure it will only get better with time. I have read many great reviews on this holster.

·
Registered
656 Posts
+1 Crossbreed, had mine about 2 weeks, comfortable and secure, ran accross cold parking lot yesterday about 100 yards without any gun movement.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
I believe there is a $3.00 surcharge for orders below $25.00 at Midway. Some of their prices are fair, some are on the high side. But I have had good customer service from them. They even took back a holster I had for over a year and hadn't used. They gave me store credit, but still that's pretty good if you ask me.
Cheaper than dirt is the one you have to watch out for. If you'll notice, they have two item numbering sytems. The items that start with letters in the prefix come from one warehouse, the items with numbers in the prefix another. If you do a mixed order with two different types of item numbers, you pay double for freight!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe and it works great. I did have to soften/adjust and sand the sharp edges of the belt loops to keep them from tearing up my belt. Service was quicker than promised and everything I've read about his customer svc has been positive.

If you want a full-leather product, check out the TX Heritage on www.TuckerGunLeather.com He also has a hybrid version called The Answer.

·
Registered
878 Posts
What size carrylock is that? Looks like a good rig.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Is that a "Millennium Pro" PT111 you have there high5apparatus?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.