Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the deal is with Taurus trying to give these things away ($50 gift card). It seems like these are less expensive than pretty much everything else in the same category.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
It seems to me that MANY of the manufacturers are offering rock bottom prices right now.

·
23,580 Posts
According to the CEO, it's a deliberate tactic to regain trust and get some positive attention.

Reactions: Bellows1

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Translation = "holy crap! We better buy some new customers ASAP, to replace the ones who will walk away from us once we get done screwing them over in the settlement...."

Taurus, is often it's own worst enemy, :(
LOL, well, I must admit that even if the G2 was priced similarly, I would still consider it. The fact that the price is $100 less than the competition makes it a little sweeter for sure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
LOL, well, I must admit that even if the G2 was priced similarly, I would still consider it. The fact that the price is $100 less than the competition makes it a little sweeter for sure.
....and even more than that for some other comparable brands.

To me, the G2 is in that (for me) sweet spot size (and capacity) wise between a g19 and g26.

The former a skosh too big for ccw, the latter too small in ergos/capacity.

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Even though I paid a little more for the G2, I still think it is about the best gun out there for the money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If Taurus would keep up with the demand for guns and parts/accessories, they'd be tonning it right now. After having visited Brazil, I'm pretty impressed they don't have more quality control issues.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Trouble is they were selling for $200.00 before the rebate now everywhere I look the price has gone up past $250.00 and rising. Even on Gun Broker many are going for more than $275.00 and rising. Question is the rebate ends tonight and I'm afraid the price is going to stay high. That might slow down sales. Will we ever see them for $200.00 again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Trouble is they were selling for $200.00 before the rebate now everywhere I look the price has gone up past $250.00 and rising. Even on Gun Broker many are going for more than $275.00 and rising. Question is the rebate ends tonight and I'm afraid the price is going to stay high. That might slow down sales. Will we ever see them for $200.00 again.

I hope so! I wouldnt mind getting another one, in black or ss

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Translation = "holy crap! We better buy some new customers ASAP, to replace the ones who will walk away from us once we get done screwing them over in the settlement...."

Taurus, is often it's own worst enemy, :(
Respectfully, I have a different viewpoint than the one you expressed.

I have owned 25 different Taurus firearms since 1991, and have only had issues with two of them. One was a TCP which, after having it for 16 months, began locking the slide back after every shot. I contacted Taurus customer service and was told to send the gun back to them. It took them about 8 weeks, but someone from CS called me and stated that they were sending me a replacement gun. The replacement has been issue free.

The second Taurus gun I sent back was my Taurus Judge. During my initial range session, a small metal heat shield became dislodged from the revolver. I sent it back to Taurus ) on their "dime", and they repaired it and returned it to me within 10 business days.

The other Taurus (and one Rossi) firearms have been issue free and totally reliable.

As far as the recall on the Taurus Millennium Pro PT140, all I can say is: out of the 4 Millennium pistols I've owned (PT138 blued. PT111 Duotone, PT145 Stainless, and my current Millennium G2 PT111) none of them has ever fired a round from the chamber unless I intentionally pulled the trigger.

I am a Taurus fan to the core; and having a *lifetime warranty on each of my Taurus firearms (*with the exception of my CT9 carbine) gives me a peace of mind knowing that Taurus will do the right thing should I ever have another mechanical issues with any of their firearms.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
39,270 Posts
I'm with Harry...I bought a PT111 G2 and a Rossi R462 within the last year...after the issues with the Millennium series was disclosed and after I sent my PT 145 SS in for replacement.

I didn't buy them out of blind loyalty to Taurus. I bought them because they were the best value/quality in firearms that I will use for many years, and I know that if there is an issue with them that Taurus will stand behind them and repair/replace if necessary.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Respectfully, I have a different viewpoint than the one you expressed.

I have owned 25 different Taurus firearms since 1991, and have only had issues with two of them. One was a TCP which, after having it for 16 months, began locking the slide back after every shot. I contacted Taurus customer service and was told to send the gun back to them. It took them about 8 weeks, but someone from CS called me and stated that they were sending me a replacement gun. The replacement has been issue free.

The second Taurus gun I sent back was my Taurus Judge. During my initial range session, a small metal heat shield became dislodged from the revolver. I sent it back to Taurus ) on their "dime", and they repaired it and returned it to me within 10 business days.

The other Taurus (and one Rossi) firearms have been issue free and totally reliable.

As far as the recall on the Taurus Millennium Pro PT140, all I can say is: out of the 4 Millennium pistols I've owned (PT138 blued. PT111 Duotone, PT145 Stainless, and my current Millennium G2 PT111) none of them has ever fired a round from the chamber unless I intentionally pulled the trigger.

I am a Taurus fan to the core; and having a *lifetime warranty on each of my Taurus firearms (*with the exception of my CT9 carbine) gives me a peace of mind knowing that Taurus will do the right thing should I ever have another mechanical issues with any of their firearms.
I see where your loyalty has been earned. My comment is geared more towards those who have spent $400 to $600 over the years for higher end Taurus pistols affected by this safety issue. Should they ever need to send it in for this issue or other problems they will receive a gun that is worth less or they can opt for a payout worth even less. It is what it is, only time will tell how it shakes out???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts