Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking at a PT111 9mm DAO Titanium for sale. It has 3-dot sights and a smooth slab grip (i.e. not ribber, no particular texturing on sides of grip).

? Can anyone tell me what generation PT111 this might be, and when they were manufactured?

? Were there any particular problems or disadvantages with this generation?

thanks

·
32,647 Posts
Those are third generation Pt111s. The only down side is the recoil is increased do to lighter weight than the regular metal framed ones. Recovery times between shots will be longer than the standard models. That is also the advantage with light weight for carrying.Resistance to sweat,sea air, and salt water are also advantages. I have a PT111Mil/pro and shoot standard pressure rounds. +Ps are what you would call exhilerating but not abusive to use a hackneyed writers phrase and terminology. Since the standard pressure rounds have an excellent real world street record that is what I use. If you want to use the more powerful rounds, that is up to you. I use 115 grain JHPs by several ammo makers as well as 124gr. JHPs. One of our staff has a different model in titanium and may be able to add much more info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts