Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All! I'm a "45-Aholic": I have a 24/7 G2 .45 (standard) as well as a PT145...love them both but fire the PT145 with better accuracy. Had a lot of FTE on the 24/7 but appears that was due to not using "better quality" ammo. PT145 takes everything with a smile. Now looking to get the PT111 G2.....I just want to a 9mm. Recently the conversation came up on which is the "better" choice: PT111 G2 9mm or the S&W M&P Compact in 9mm. I've held (not fired) the M&P compact and truly is comfortable, But have not held the G2.

Dare I ask this question?: Any input based on experience with both weapons? .............Thanks

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I only own the pt111 G2 so I cant compare...however, its hard for me to imagine that the S&W could be that much better than the G2... The G2 is the most balanced, comfortable , sweetest shooting gun i own at present. I have had zero reliability issues. I own a glock 23 and I find the pt111 G2 on my hip more often than not. I was sold on the G2 as soon as i picked it up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Taurus is about a 1/2 inch shorter and just seems to look more balanced size wise to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.