Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just recently purchased this gun, havent had a chance to fire it yet. my question involves the safety mechanism that is on the trigger itself. when the gun is cocked,(empty mag) and the striker is in its half cock position.. even the slightest touch to the trigger makes a loud clicking sound that i can actually feel toward the butt of the gun. i dont necessarily even have to 'pull' on the trigger.. just a touch. my question is, does this seem normal? i hope that its not the striker being 'loosed' and trying to fire because that would be a disaster were a round to be chambered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i suppose i will. just a strange thing to experience with a new pistol. not sure if its the firing pin block kind of fitting into place or what. i noticed it also has an issue where the slide doesnt completely lock into place when a round is chambered.. it will be maybe a 1/4 inch from where its supposed to be, and i have to push it to sit right. i heard a lot of good stuff about this gun and i sold a smith of mine to get it. hope i didnt make a mistake.

·
Registered
222 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts