Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Im new ish to guns (around them alot when i was younger) but recently bought my first firearm at the age of 39... Im hooked! I bought the Taurus G2 as my fist gun, got it in late NOV, so only a few months now, it has all the correct features needed, it works when i pull the tigger, and the price is great.. I grew up modding everything from skateboards, bicycles and cars. now it seems guns are no different! to create something, or at least personalize it has been something iv enjoyed and a passion for me.. I dont get on any forums much anymore these days, however as im learning and diving into this world of firearms, im want to share my passions and learn along the way.. this is my gun in its current state. alot of shaving and grinding to reshape some what. then a new look/design, then the stipple work, which is just an old solder iron.. still some more work to be done with the stipple, need to pronounce the dividing lines a little more.. i wanted two different textures.. polished a few bits, and the just added the cheapo front sight, which was to tight and broke first shot at the range on friday.. lol new fibers are now in route!
anyways, looking for feed back and options to improve this gun..
since this gun, i have bought a LCP2, NAA pug (for wife), and the walther PPQ 22lr (so i can afford to pull the tigger alot)
Im enjoying this new hobbie of mine as well as learning a great skill.. Looking forward with excitement,

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Idaho. I don't mess with my firearms much maybe sights, don't want to gave an attorney any fuel for the fire if I have to use it in SD.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Hello everyone, Im new ish to guns (around them alot when i was younger) but recently bought my first firearm at the age of 39... Im hooked! I bought the Taurus G2 as my fist gun, got it in late NOV, so only a few months now, it has all the correct features needed, it works when i pull the tigger, and the price is great.. I grew up modding everything from skateboards, bicycles and cars. now it seems guns are no different! to create something, or at least personalize it has been something iv enjoyed and a passion for me.. I dont get on any forums much anymore these days, however as im learning and diving into this world of firearms, im want to share my passions and learn along the way.. this is my gun in its current state. alot of shaving and grinding to reshape some what. then a new look/design, then the stipple work, which is just an old solder iron.. still some more work to be done with the stipple, need to pronounce the dividing lines a little more.. i wanted two different textures.. polished a few bits, and the just added the cheapo front sight, which was to tight and broke first shot at the range on friday.. lol new fibers are now in route!
anyways, looking for feed back and options to improve this gun..
since this gun, i have bought a LCP2, NAA pug (for wife), and the walther PPQ 22lr (so i can afford to pull the tigger alot)
Im enjoying this new hobbie of mine as well as learning a great skill.. Looking forward with excitement,
Where is the pics? No pics it didn't happen! ;):D
Welcome to the forum, nice thing about the 9mm is you can get cheap ammo for it too!!
Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice touch extending the stippling onto the mag base!

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the warm welcome! And yes, im slowly learning to where to find cheap ammo! Actually, walmart was the cheapest consonant ammo in 9mm thus far for me,, thinking 19buck for 100 rounds or so..
that dosnt seem to bad to me, thus iv put about 800 rounds though it thus far.. Iv been happy with my purchase, the gun seems to work great.. only real issues is a lost rear sight screw @ 200 round count mark.. one is on order..
As you can see for the pics, i have small hands, so I fitted the gun to me a little better.. all in total.. the gun is now 18.5 oz now the stippling was fun and obviously my first go at it, work is still in progress with it.. next is to better define the line between the different textures.. i suppose the walther p99 was kinda the modern flavor in the design idea.. however in researching the stippling , i found a glock that had the weave look though out, something about that i really liked.. so i decided to give it a try and incorporated it into the design.. I already would have done a few things different now im looking at a near finished gun, however it has made a actual change in how the gun feels and yes, even shoots. I myself need to become a better shooter before worrying about improving gun accuracy etc. I would like to do all the lakeline stuff, however im not sure if i will , unless something needs replacing or upgrading etc.. good sights I think will be in the future next. with possible duracoat frame and slide

·
Super Moderator
38,004 Posts
That is a very distinctive look and I like it! Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois.
for
edit to add...I put a TruGlo Universal front sight on my first PT 111 G2 also and the fiber optic rod broke also...the screw that I used was too long and protruded into the space. I filed down the screw slightly and the replacement rod stayed intact.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will have check to see if that is an issue, as i did have to file it down to install that sight. perhaps i didnt file enough! i did have to tighten it alot more than i would have liked as there is nothing to keep it on center and from moving easy. I did do this in a hurry as the wife where heading to the range for date night, and yeah, i wanted my new sight on!! lol

·
Super Moderator
38,004 Posts
I liked the fiber optic front sight a lot and may still put one on the G2 that I still have.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Nice job, the pattern looks good. Way nicer than expected. Walmart is definately best for ammo prices....I shoot allot of the Federal aluminum as it's usually $9.97 for 50 and it shoots very reliable in both my Taurus guns.
Stick around here, you'll find it's a great place with a lot of great people!

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Nice work. I thought the G2 already had pretty good grips but that really looks great. I see you also paint filled the model number in the right side of the slide. Probably just my monitor but the slide kinda' looks OD green. With the FDE frame its really a nice looking gun!

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts

​Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am really impressed. I would like to stipple mine- this is the first G2 I've seen stippled and the design looks fantastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the support guys! these forums have been great thus far. I did fill in the littering with an vanilla white color , as to not contrast to much with the FDE.
i had also done the other side as well, however it was a little to much for me, so i removed it.. i still have some pics of it on my phone i could post..
Im very happy with how this G2 is coming along, i should have maybe started out with an easier pattern, but i just kinda went for it.
i want to learn alot more about guns in general before modding internals and buying parts etc, figured this forum is a great place to learn and share more about this firearm..
i kinda want to do it a little darker earth brown. and if i get sassy, mabey the slide in burnt bronze?? , thats if i decide to give duracoat a try as Im kinda looking at a walther PPQ 4" 9mm for my next purchase. In which case i may duracoat that. I already bought the PPQ in 22lr so i can get to learning fast and i suppose i could do that one as well . lol .. hmmm , how about like midnight brown frame with burnt bronze slide on an LCP2??, LOL , but thats a possible project coming up this year some time..maybe lakeline stuff as well if its worth doing?

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
The Lakeline stainless steel recoil assembly is well worth doing as is the fiber optic F&R set. The 'notchyness' of my trigger has pretty much worked itself out but I am still considering the Lakeline stainless striker guide. If you do change out the sights, make sure you follow the install instructions carefully. I had my rear sight pop off at the range (due to my poor installation) but Alphonse at Lakeline took the time to get me straight. Great support out of Lakeline.

And you're already looking at another gun purchase before you finish with the current one? Good man! You're in the club!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome from Florida Sweet job on the stippling

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice job there protege

I stippled 1 of my pt111 and nothing close to yours , I did up and down narrow lines over the whole frame that I saw from another photo and man the amount of EXTRA grip I have is unreal
With the front of the trigger guard being stippled with dots I now shoot with my Index finger in FRONT of the trigger guard with a great amount of reduced recoil and being more steady with a hand higher up , that's why the guard is shaped like it is

1 - 20 of 22 Posts