Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this has been asked before, I tried to search with no luck. is there anywhere to buy some spare pt111 g2 magazines? cant seem to find any anywhere. will the pt111 millennium pro mags fit the g2? any websites you guys know of that carries the G2 mags? thanks

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
Yes, they will work. Let us know if you find stock - I haven't been able to find any at a price I'm willing to pay - but have seen no stock anywhere at any price. You can also use Taurus PT24/7Pro magazines (not to be confused with Pro Mag magazines).

Reactions: koest69

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have no idea what extra mags cost..but saw this and new I must be in the right place. I also have a new PT111 G2. Spent my first day this past weekend at the range with the new gun. Now I'm thinkin' extra mags....you know, incase I actually come across more ammo-Lol. I want to start working on a range bag for mysef, kwim?

·
Registered
140 Posts
As others have said above. the PT111pro and the 24/7 (G1 not G2) mags will work. I've stayed away from any ProMag branded mags based on the horror stories of others on the forum. I would say it's a general consensus that they don't work very well in the milpro line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Taurus PT111 G2 9mm and read on another page here on TaurusArmed recently where Sig Sauer P226 mags fit perfectly in the PT111 G2. I found 30 round mags for the P226 on Cheaper than dirt for $8.46 each and I bought 2!!! I love them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Taurus PT111 G2 9mm and read on another page here on TaurusArmed recently where Sig Sauer P226 mags fit perfectly in the PT111 G2. I found 30 round mags for the P226 on Cheaper than dirt for $8.46 each and I bought 2!!! I love them.
Have you had any trouble out of the 30 round magazines? If not I will have to pick some of these up.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Their is a guy on ebay that has several for sale..

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I bought a used genuine Sig p226 mag a couple weeks ago. It fits and feeds pretty good. I did have a double feed on the 7th round the first time I tried it. I eventually narrowed the problem down to the fact that the mag catch slot was larger and therefore further 'down' the mag than a stock pt111 mag. That was keeping it from holding the mag high enough into the mag well to reliably feed the rounds. While I would never trust it for carry purposes, it's almost nice to have something make my g2 make a mistake so I know how to fix it. Otherwise the thing has been flawless and I would have no idea what to do or how to fix it. Other than my experience, I've heard nothing but good things about p226 mags.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
I use the P226 MecGar in my PT111MP & PT24/7's. They also works in my Tisas Zigana Sport - however, the Tisas mags will not work in the Taurus due to a slight difference in discharge lip design not letting mag insert completely to catch release slot. I've had no problems with the P226 in my Taurus.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I lucked into some at Academy yesterday. They seem to periodically show up at times, just keep checking and I'm sure you will get some.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts