Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Need whatever information you can provide. I tried contacting Taurus and their only answer was PROPRIETARY.

I would LOVE to put a holographic aka Reflex sight on my PT111 G2 but I cant find any mounts that say they fit. Are there any out there or am I on my own fabricating whatever I can? What dovetails fit the G2's (will a PT92/99 sight fit into a G2 dovetail)?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks
Jim

·
Vendor
853 Posts
A mounting plate that replaces the rear sight should be able to be fabricated. It still might take adding some mounting holes to the slide.

I'm curious, why do you want a holographic sight on the G2? I think of those as range sights, but maybe that is old fashioned thinking.

·
Registered
599 Posts
You mean ghost rings? They're awesome for a range- you'll be able to pick stuff off at 30+ yards no problems with them- but I've been told they are terrible as carry sights. Not sure what you're wanting to do. Can't help on installation though, sorry.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
I truthfully don't think that's a good enough pistol to warrant mounting a reflex sight to, and that's coming from someone who loves the gun and carries a 140 G2 every day. I'm more the type that believes those kind of sights are best used on pistols with a larger frame and/or slide combination designed for accuracy in target shooting. If anything I would recommend getting one of the sights from Lakeline because they're something much more conducive to the pistols general design.

Could you use a G2 in a competition? As long as the rules say so i don't see a problem with it. Would it be my first choice to use in competition? Most definitely not, i would prefer a 1911 or 92 with a 5" barrel because the longer sight radius and overall length is inherently more accurate in my hands than the G2. I can do just fine with mine in practice, but I'm not looking for groups the size of loose change from it either. If I'm hitting in a group smaller than my palm, i consider that more than accurate enough to protect myself with.

If you want to try and figure it out, please feel free to do so. Don't let what i say deter you from your goal, I'm just being honest about what i consider the disadvantages of using the G2 platform for a base. It's a great carry pistol with a solid design and good ergonomics, but it was never designed to be a target pistol. I'm not sure if it would even hold up to the abuse truthfully.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ah. Looks like that'd snag on the draw.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just throw truglo TFO sights on it and call it a day. I’m sad I bought my PT709 and wish I would’ve gotten the pt111 because there are more aight and holster options available for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All,
Need whatever information you can provide. I tried contacting Taurus and their only answer was PROPRIETARY.

I would LOVE to put a holographic aka Reflex sight on my PT111 G2 but I cant find any mounts that say they fit. Are there any out there or am I on my own fabricating whatever I can? What dovetails fit the G2's (will a PT92/99 sight fit into a G2 dovetail)?

Thanks
Jim
Has anyone ever done anything with this? I have a focusing issue and a reflex sight greatly aids in my shooting but I want a small package. I have high end full size guns and small guns that are of higher monetary value than the PT 111 G2 but for some reason I love the gun. I know I could send my slide out to get machines but really don’t like the idea of putting a $230 optic on a $220 gun and then spend $250 on having it cut.
Aaron.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just my opinion, but for any shooting that requires optics, I would not use a 3.25" barrel compact handgun. Anything more than upgrading or painting the dots is overkill. Again, just my opinion, take it or leave it.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
My personal opinon is the G2 is just a self defense gun. good for up to about 10 feet. for that distance the stock sights seem just fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I put a Set of Tricon Night sights on My 709 and 111g2, got them Lakeline , that's it, I Happy with them again as someone said its a 200.00 gun enough said ,

·
Registered
297 Posts
I went truglows for my gun and I pocket carry it. That optic might print a bit much for me.

I'm not gonna knock tossing money at a gun since I literately put the value of mods back into my 2 Taurus guns to make them what they are. Folks say buy a gun you want but even Sig folks with $1400 guns are still tossing money into them. Just be aware once you start your journey and decide to sell later, you ether take a huge loss or find someone who sees the value in the mods you done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All,

Thanks
Jim
Galloway precision has the adapter plate for 26 dollars. I have some high dollar and budget pistols and irregardless of peoples opinions I believe the g2 millinial I have is a great shooting gun and have ordered the adapter plate and am going to put a medium red dot reflex sight on mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts