Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally go to the "range" today with my new PT111G2. I just got the weapon yesterday and spent the evening cleaning and making ready for today. I shot both round-nose and hollow points of multiple brands so as to put the weapon through its paces and see if there would be any failures. I am happy to say after 400 rounds of the mixed bag, ZERO issue. The gun ate everything I threw it.

Positives-No issue with any ammo, Comfort of the gun overall, reliable and consistent shooting.

Less than positives- Sights. I don't mind the "snowman sights" at all but the issue I found was I adjusted height to max. and still shot ever-so-slightly low. I normally "lollipop" my sight picture and making myself shoot "front sight in target" I was able to get it lined out. I don't find this to be an issue with the gun since I can change my technique to compensate but I would like the option to adjust to what I am used too.

I honestly could not find what I would call a true "negative" I am absolutely ecstatic with this weapon. For a short barrel, small weapon the consistency was astounding. I am so glad I chose this particular gun as my new CCW.

The pic below is 50ish rounds and a few 22lr from my heritage revolver at 12 yards.. There are a few strays but hey you have to understand it was "new gun day!!!" I got a little excited.

Illustration Recreation Sport venue

Deuce

Attachments

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I am super-pleased with my new Taurus Millennium G2 PT111. :D

:thumb: Congrats on your new G2, and thanks for sharing your report with us.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Nice grouping for sure! The G2 is getting much positive press around here! The pt111 G2 is now my carry gun of choice.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Grouping at 36'....nice

·
Registered
143 Posts
My dad just got his PT111 but I havent had a chance to play with it yet. It feels good in the hand, even with my monkey paws. Maybe I can "borrow" it while hes working and run a couple if boxes thru it. Thanks for your review

1 - 6 of 6 Posts