Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sport venue Illustration Art
Ok so here is one of three targets that I was shooting today at 10yards. I chose this one because its the worst one I shot, there are 50 rounds in this target. let it be known, I have not messed with the sites one bit from factory settings. people have a issue with shooting low left or high left or just left. I have narrowed it down to "trigger pull". I experimented a lot today and if you look at all the rounds that missed the center completely, you will see them being far left or low left usually. on these rounds that missed I pulled the trigger without really focusing on technique and just kind of squeezing them off, and not really worrying about smooth trigger pull, if that makes sense. as you can see, with practice and some concentration, it is very easy to group them nicely with this pistol. so, if you don't pull that trigger smooth enough, or have terrible form you will get the low left or just low or just left issue FOR SURE!. focus on a smooth trigger pull and proper hand position. lets face it, in a "real life" situation your not going to be worried about hand positioning or trigger pull, but if you do it enough times, it just might become muscle memory and you will get faster at it. I shoot USPSA production, so I like to really focus on that front site and squeeze the trigger nice and smooth, yet do it quickly. I am going to be shooting a match with the G2. maybe I will video it and post it up. happy shooting! **EDIT** forgot to mention, these were shot with pretty crap ammo. Independence ammo 115g FMJ . the ones in the head are suppose to be there.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Nice shooting...I will check out the G2. Presently own 1st generation PT111...I like the glocks but that they are too chunky for comfortable concealed carry in pocket carry.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
thanks! yes its a awesome pistol. really cant ask for more out of this pistol. it does the job, and does it well.
Well, I'm not shootin' quite as good with my new G2 Millennium as you are (yet)...but I'm workin' on it.:D

Each time I run a mag of ammo through it, I can see improvement with my groupings.

Familiarity and trigger control goes a long ways in working out the initial "kinks" with any new gun, IMHO.

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is only my third time out with this gun. I have put about 500 rounds through it and every time I get better and better. But this gun is not very forgiving if form and trigger control aren't good like other pistols. It's a stickler for proper handling and trigger pulling. Which is kind of a good thing because it makes you focus on your fundamentals rather the just squeezing the trigger when you feel like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.