Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I bought my first Taurus a pt738 the range where I bought it now has a pt111 g2 mellinum pro for 225 my question is it this a good value I'm new to Taurus but love my little 738 so much thinking about getting the g2 9mn

·
Super Moderator
37,986 Posts
IIRC I've seen them for as low as 189.00 recently, but you'll pay shipping sometimes and then your FFL fee. Offset by your state and local tax which some internet sellers won't charge. Google GunDeals PT 111 G2 to get a list of all deals.

I like mine a lot...it's a nice carry pistol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if they still have it on pay day going to try it out and possibly buy it funny thing is my pt738 I bought from them last month I payed 225 for it. The 9 mm I have right now is very heavy and bulky. So will probly get it.

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
I do not have one, but I've read good things about them here.

One thing to note, the PT111G2 has been discontinued. It was replaced with the PT111G2C. I've seen a few comparisons, and they seem to be nearly identical guns. However, the biggest difference is the G2 has the Taurus lifetime warranty, while the G2C has a one year warranty. Even though the G2 is discontinued, I'd still buy it over the G2C just for the warranty.

Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Delta my other 9 mm came with a life time warranty but it hold 8 round aingl stack and is very heavy. Hmm 1 year warranty will have to shoot it see what I think I guess.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
One thing to note, the PT111G2 has been discontinued. It was replaced with the PT111G2C. I've seen a few comparisons, and they seem to be nearly identical guns. However, the biggest difference is the G2 has the Taurus lifetime warranty, while the G2C has a one year warranty. Even though the G2 is discontinued, I'd still buy it over the G2C just for the warranty.
I agree whole-heartedly with DeltaBravoKS.
I have two PT-111 G2's, and one PT-738.
Love my G2's, but had FTE problems with my 738 (sent it back for repairs).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Depends on area, these guns are under $200 every other month and was $160 new last week and Black Friday. I don't even see any in the cases at the 2 places I frequent weekly. Few years back the CPX-2, G2 and the SD9VE were all like $289-$320 range.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Depending on where you are the G2c runs anywhere from 199 to 250 new. Folks are right there is no real difference in the 2 pistols other then the G2c does NOT have the Taurus locking system and has a redesigned logo, also the G2c has a 1 year warranty and the Pt111 G2 has lifetime. Honestly I wouldnt worry too much about warranty really, if the gun works fine (and im sure it will) i doubt you will have any issues with either, though I would not pay that much for a G2 if its got a lot of rounds through it, not when you can get a new G2c at most Rural Kings right now for 209 +tax. They are great guns, so is the Tcp (pt738). It was my first ever concealed carry gun and I upgraded to the Pt 111 G2, and now I have the G2s. Never had a problem with any of them. My Pt111 will eat any ammo I feed it, steel, aluminum, brass, it doesnt matter. Fantastic carry guns all around, do some shopping locally if you have a Rural King check them out. You can get a new one for that price.

·
23,195 Posts
From what people say about them here and elsewhere, I'd say hop on it. I've shot one a couple of times, and I'd say they are as good as any other polymer concealment pistol, and better than many. For me, they fit my hand almost magically well, and I really appreciate the thumb safety. But they have a reputation for being reliable and accurate.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I carried a TCP before I bought my PT-111 G2. Even though it is larger and heavier, I much prefer the G2 because it is much easier to shoot, is more accurate, has a manual safety and the ammo is cheaper and more available. I no longer have a need for my little TCP. I paid $199.99 for both of mine. However, I have a 605 that I like to carry better than both of them. There is just something about a little revolver that makes me more comfortable.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Vermont has a 6% sales tax, and my FFL has a $30 transfer fee, so I find buyong expensive guns online and paying no tax works. Where a cheaper gun is a better buy from ffl direct

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Diassion to make call the range today to see if they still have the mellinum pro they do but claim the 225 is there internet price even though it says in store now they want 310 for it so not sure what I will do now wanted it for the life time warranty but now many a new g2 not sure yet.

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
Diassion to make call the range today to see if they still have the mellinum pro they do but claim the 225 is there internet price even though it says in store now they want 310 for it so not sure what I will do now wanted it for the life time warranty but now many a new g2 not sure yet.
I never understood that...$225 if you buy it from them on the Internet, or $310 if you buy it from them in person. They must fill the Internet orders without ever touching the gun, from some fulfillment center.

·
Super Moderator
37,986 Posts
Reactions: Adamwest436

·
Registered
47 Posts
The price came down since I got one. Does anyone make a heavier trigger spring? The G2 trigger is too sensitive for me. Let me know if anyone does make the springs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts