Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to be enlightened!

Currently looking at these two new pistols, the PT111 G2 and the G2C. Other than the G2C being the current version what other differences are there? If you had the choice between the 2 which would it be? there is only a $10.00 price difference.

BTW this isn't for me, it for the daughter. She had someone try to get in last night and she sent the 2 dogs out. One came back bruised and bloodied but he got in his licks too!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Get the PT111 G2 as it will covered under the life time warranty. All "new" models will only have a year warranty (even though I feel they just mostly changed the name of the PT111 G2 to move forward with their policy change).

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Get the PT111 G2 as it will covered under the life time warranty. All "new" models will only have a year warranty (even though I feel they just mostly changed the name of the PT111 G2 to move forward with their policy change).
Not true. Per new Taurus legal mumbo jumbo.... the warranty only covers a model for 5 years after it's discounted. So for the PT-111 G2 that's 2017 to 2022!

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Need to be enlightened!

Currently looking at these two new pistols, the PT111 G2 and the G2C. Other than the G2C being the current version what other differences are there? If you had the choice between the 2 which would it be? there is only a $10.00 price difference.

BTW this isn't for me, it for the daughter. She had someone try to get in last night and she sent the 2 dogs out. One came back bruised and bloodied but he got in his licks too!
The PT-111 G2 (older models prior to 2015) have real blued finishes versus crap "cold" black oxide spray finishes. Which is basically a crap primer finish used on lawn chairs!

·
Registered
345 Posts
A month ago I was faced with the same choice. I selected the G2C. This why.

1. The blade safety has been updated to a solid piece instead of a hollow piece, which has been known to break.
2. The lock has been removed. If used incorrectly by not turning it all the way it could cause a failure to fire. I would have never used the lock, but I do not want stuff on my guns that I will not use. Simple is better.
3. The slide rails are thicker. The G2 slide will not fit on the G2C because theslide channels are too narrow. I like stronger.
4. Sill me, but I like G2C clean lettering over the G2 excessive lettering.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not that it makes a difference but the G2 is Two Tone while the G2C is not.
Brother has a 111 G2 that he used to qualify for his CC. He still shoots it and now also has 12 other handguns he's bought in the past couple years.

Reactions: Capt Deadpool

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought the 2 tone in 9 just because it looked so good. Already had a PT140 G2

Not that it makes a difference but the G2 is Two Tone while the G2C is not.
Brother has a 111 G2 that he used to qualify for his CC. He still shoots it and now also has 12 other handguns he's bought in the past couple years.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A month ago I was faced with the same choice. I selected the G2C. This why.

1. The blade safety has been updated to a solid piece instead of a hollow piece, which has been known to break.
2. The lock has been removed. If used incorrectly by not turning it all the way it could cause a failure to fire. I would have never used the lock, but I do not want stuff on my guns that I will not use. Simple is better.
3. The slide rails are thicker. The G2 slide will not fit on the G2C because theslide channels are too narrow. I like stronger.
4. Sill me, but I like G2C clean lettering over the G2 excessive lettering.
I don't disagree about the hollow trigger safety blade but how the hell can something that small of a diameter be hollow?

I agree with the the simpler looks of the engravings.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
G2 or G2c This is the Question. You stated for Daughter here is a mind blowing off the wall Idea let HER shoot both let Her decide. Just my thoughts and ramblings

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
G2 or G2c This is the Question. You stated for Daughter here is a mind blowing off the wall Idea let HER shoot both let Her decide. Just my thoughts and ramblings
The mind blowing thought that is off the wall is she has no clue and has never fired a handgun. She is also a single mother with a deadbeat dad. So I most likely will be buying this as a gift. And as I am now retired and on a limited income the options are also limited. Her obtaining a gun was her idea as she called mom this morning to ask if I would take her to the range and teach her.

Now also if there where a place that I could take her to fire both that might work but there is no such place.

Also apparently from speaking with the Sherriff's Deputy's there has been an outbreak of break-ins and home invasions and the perp isn't deterred by large dogs. The one dog, Max who is a Pit/Shepard mix caught him when released though he was hit and knocked unconscious. When she and the police got the dog into the house he had blood on his muzzle and jean material stuck in his mouth. The police believe the only reason he let go was because he was knocked unconscious. All hospital emergency rooms have been alerted to watch for a dog bite wound. So now you know the whole story!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont have big hands and this gun (G2C) is easy to keep a grip on.......... and the recoil is manageable. I tried alot of guns (Glock,
Ruger, S&W) and when it was all said and done the G2C was the best I found... yes price was and is a factor also.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Need to be enlightened!

Currently looking at these two new pistols, the PT111 G2 and the G2C. Other than the G2C being the current version what other differences are there? If you had the choice between the 2 which would it be? there is only a $10.00 price difference. !
Appears I should have just left the question as this and left out the second thought!

Also the question is now mute as one has been sold already. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whoa, wait, what!? So which one did we buy?
None. Also looking at a SAR B6P. It's just another $25.00 more than the Taurus.

Reactions: darbo
1 - 20 of 30 Posts