Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to only be able to get 10 (at the most rounds) in the magazine? I do not have a speed loader or weak hands. Still, with all the might and determination within my body, I can NOT get all 12 rounds into the magazine. :mad:

Is this normal or should I be asking taurus for a replacement?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Yep, new mags are harder to load to the full capacity. I just loaded as many rounds as I could, let them sit for few days then tried loading more. The UpLula mag loader is an excellent tool.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
They are pretty stiff...At first i could only get 11 and that was abusing my thumb... finally bought an uplula and said goodbye to frustration.....but to answer your question, it is normal....leave 10 in for a few days and then add the other 2. an uplula will save your thumb and make range time more productive.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts

Get one!!! This version does 9-45, probably 380 if you keep it centered...

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
The cheaper Glock or Taurus loaders for about $7 work fine.
They have a totally different action than the Lula and for that last round the leverage is not the same.
If you load a lot Lula is faster. i lost mine mid year - tried to get by without it - that lasted a month.
they are NOT cheap but they are well engineered tools - if you load a LOT they are a ++!

If 'just fine' is what you want — well, that's 'just fine' then!!! :D

Reactions: hombre243

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I agree with mingaa... I have the glock loader and there is absolutely no comparison between the two regarding performance other than with the glock loader you will eventually get it loaded if you dont break it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They have a totally different action than the Lula and for that last round the leverage is not the same.
If you load a lot Lula is faster. i lost mine mid year - tried to get by without it - that lasted a month.
they are NOT cheap but they are well engineered tools - if you load a LOT they are a ++!

If 'just fine' is what you want — well, that's 'just fine' then!!! :D
I know... $30 for it seems to be way over priced which is why I've been avoiding buying one. I've owned quite a few mag feed rifles and pistols, but none have been as still as this one.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I have the AR version as well - same deal. Load a lot, it becomes an important tool.

For pistol matches (IDPA, etc.) I'll load enough mags for the entire match the night before so I don't have my nose in a range bag during the action - watch top shooters and pick up tips!

Same for 3-Gun and add 30 & 40 round AR carbine mags to the mix. Plus we all know how rough speed loading shotgun shells into even the smoothest receiver in the field can be!

Also: my wife has hinted that rough, Band Aid covered hands can be - well - sort of a turn off and we all know how rough this sport can already be on a man's hands. In and out of water, soap, solvents, steel wool - picking up brass, hand priming cases - I could go on but I think we all know what I'm talking about - the kind of hands that no amount of lotion can bring back even close to their original state.

And cuticles - oh, don't get me started on that topic...

image.jpg
Of course we all have our own favorite solutions!!! :D

·
Registered
185 Posts

Get one!!! This version does 9-45, probably 380 if you keep it centered...
Best money I ever spent, especialy when you're loading 33 round Glock fun sticks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
the first couple of days i couldn't get the last round loaded by holding the mag in one hand. i had to set it down on the table so it didn't give ANY. after i got it to capacity i let it sit all nite then for about 3 or 4 days in a row, i'd load it and unload it as many times as i could bear and leave them full every nite. it's still a little tough but at least i can load em by hand now, no table required. lol!

Reactions: WellArmed

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I just tried loading the second magazine and was able to get the 12th round in, so I knew something was wrong with the first mag that I could only get 10 rounds in. The second magazine also loading smoothly and was not gritty nor did not creek like the first mag. I took the first mag apart and found the problem...

DSCN0276.jpg

The baseplate of the magazine wasn't installed straight. It was jammed in pretty good at a diagonal angle. I'm now able to get all 12 rounds in w/o a problem after I managed to get it straightened out, but the plate is very slightly bent from me previously trying to force all the rounds in... Not too big of a deal, but kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to quality control of Taurus.

Just FYI for anyone else who has problems getting the mag loaded to capacity....

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Yeah, get the UpLula. I can get the last round into a new mag every single time. I have one in each of my range bags.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
the first couple of days i couldn't get the last round loaded by holding the mag in one hand. i had to set it down on the table so it didn't give ANY. after i got it to capacity i let it sit all nite then for about 3 or 4 days in a row, i'd load it and unload it as many times as i could bear and leave them full every nite. it's still a little tough but at least i can load em by hand now, no table required. lol!
If you load and unload them enough, they will loosen up real nice. And you will get to buy a new magazine! ;) :D

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Another endorsement for the Uplula. Love mine. Quick and painless. Great always, but terrific on cold days when fingers are numb.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts