Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the Taurus family over 20 years. I purchased a new Taurus PT-111 Millennium Pro G2 from a local retailer today. Upon returning home, I removed the slide from the frame to get familiar with breakdown. On my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] attempt at reassembly, I was unable to reattach the slide, as something was catching internally and stopping it appx. 2” from the rear of the frame. After several unsuccessful attempts, I removed the barrel and recoil spring assembly and tried again to reattach the slide with no success. I then placed a call to Taurus customer service to report the issue. We were unable to resolve, and it appeared to be a mechanical/functional failure. With the barrel still removed, I was able to use a soft pencil to depress the Firing Pin Block plunger and then the slide fully seated. This was the problem. The Firing Pin Block plunger was catching on the right side of the Central Support, not allowing the slide to fully reassemble. I was asked to return the factory new firearm for repair and advised it may take 3-4 weeks to repair and return. You can imagine my frustration at this point. Upon closer examination, it was clearly evident the amount of contact damage caused to the Firing Pin Block plunger and Central Support due to the factory defect (See photos). This is the first time I have experienced this level of poor quality in craftsmanship and function on a Taurus firearm. If you look closely, you will see the poor milling quality on the metal parts of this firearm. I have never seen so many rough edges and milling (or casting) on any firearm I've owned or serviced. I purchased this specific firearm due to its second strike capability, size, capacity, and positive reviews. I intended for it to replace my M&P Shield as a daily carry. I'm sharing in the event someone else experiences the same issue. I remain optimistic that Taurus will make proper repairs.
Product Technology Automotive tire Auto part Electronic device
Screw Auto part
Technology Finger Audio equipment

Michael
Missouri, USA

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,732 Posts
Everyone has a bad day. Send it back they will take care of you. After 20 years, you know how good they are, keep us updated.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem.... mine has been flawless!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the local retailer's return policy? I'd give them a try, too.
My guy's return policy on Taurus is, "I told you so.". He won't even sell Taurus in-store, but will online. He has the best prices around, so I still use him. I'll bring it there tomorrow to see if they will have their Fed-Ex guy take it....already have a return label. Local Fed-Ex stores freak out when I have to ship a firearm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everyone has a bad day. Send it back they will take care of you. After 20 years, you know how good they are, keep us updated.
My satin nickel PT92 is still may baby...never the slightest problem or concern. Same with the 740 slim I had and sold. All the reviews I read/viewed on the PT111 G2 helped sell me. I'm certainly willing to give them a chance to make good. I was just very surprised at the level of quality on this one. I would have done my own fluff and buff if it wasn't non-functional.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
In the entire time I have been a G2 owner (and Taurus owner), this is the first issue I have heard of with the PT-111 G2. We have a huge number of fans here, including your's truly. I know Taurus will make it right for you, and the G2 is a pistol worth owning.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
Well, you have your answers so I will say welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue but this is the first ive heard of any issues with the G2. Im sure Taurus will make it right. It truely a excellent pistol. Mine is on my side almost all the time(cant carry at work though).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue but this is the first I've heard of any issues with the G2. I'm sure Taurus will make it right.

It is truely an excellent pistol. Mine is on my side almost all the time(cant carry at work though).

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
It is unfortunate that you are in receipt of a defective PT111 with such poor quality indeed. I, like you, are confident Taurus will make it right in time.

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
How's a guy with a Rolex & Rolls-Royce feel when he has to return them to "their" repair facilities?

Point being, anything man made, regardless of cost, can and will fail.

The PT-111 G2 platform is awesome, and worth the wait for repair or replacement.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Here's a random question that I haven't seen posed yet, do you have to pull the trigger to take down a G2? If so, do you need to possibly do the same when assembling again? Just not sure because I've only handled a G2 at the LGS, never stripped one down to see its inner workings and breakdown method.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Not sure how all that impact damage happened to a never fired weapon, but give Taurus a call. They have one of the best warranties in the industry.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
For what its worth...

In the video she pulls the Trigger to remove the slide.

Welcome to the forum from Chiraq, Illinois

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard the best forum on the net, from Wilmington, NC !!!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Here's a random question that I haven't seen posed yet, do you have to pull the trigger to take down a G2? If so, do you need to possibly do the same when assembling again? Just not sure because I've only handled a G2 at the LGS, never stripped one down to see its inner workings and breakdown method.
Quick answer: Yes and no. At least that's the way I've been doing it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys. I had an opportunity to inspect a new fully functioning PT111 G2 at a different store and took some photos to compare with my defective one. I was able to remove and reattach the slide with ease several times...no catching at all. On close inspection, the quality of mill-work was night and day different. The photos are self explanatory. Looks like I just got a bad one all around. At least I will have a point of comparison when I receive my repair..."maybe" in a month. I really hope they give it the attention it requires. Crummy I have all the accessories, mags, laser, holsters, etc...and no gun. No worries, I'm used to these type of things. #FirstWorldProblems
Auto part Font
Auto part

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.