Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought three G2's, one for me and two for my sons as Christmas presents. My son's have fires at least 300 round thru their two G2's and I've only fired ~50rds. The G2's are their CCW carry gun.

Both my sons G2's, have had the holding pin for the 'round-in-chamber' indicator come loose and slide out of their gun while shooting. The pin is knurled and press fit into the slide wall. The pin no longer is a tight fit and freely slides out of the slide. My son found his 'round-in-chamber' indicator arm but not the spring - so getting this spring will be a pain in the butt. I see no way in fixing this DESIGN FLAW other than using Loctite on the pin - this pin is a crap design and should have been a screw not press.

My other son's front sight just fell of the G2 and is lost in the grass - he tried to get a replacement - so far no luck from Taurus.

I purchased an extra mag for each G2. All my son's four mag's the yellow plastic round-slide sticks inside the mags' at about the 8th round mark, which coincides with the G2 locking notch. Even some oil inside the mag walls do not help. I suspect that there is a stamping burr at these notches/holes in the sheet metal that hangs up the plastic slider - but I've not confirmed.

Over all at first glance I like the G2, is feels good in my hand, but reliability and quality is failing.

Understand I'm not new with Taurus owing a PT92, PT111, PT140, Judge. Up until G2 I thought they were good - but now I wish I never bought them and Taurus just does not seem to care or support us little people in acquiring repair parts.

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
I don't think it matters if you are a midget or a giant, you likely ain't getting no stinkin parts from Taurus!!
they may be a lot of things but I don't think they are against little people!!---

Attachments

Reactions: Taurus1965
1 - 3 of 3 Posts