Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordeted my G2 today for $335 shipped, was extremely excited, but now I have a concern.
For those who own one, have you measured your trigger pull? What kind of pull weights are you getting? Im afraid of it having a 9-10lb pull like my 24/7 G2 did, which I dont want to have to fix again. I automatically thought the Mill G2 would have a nice light pull like the MillPro despite having a different trigger system, but hindsight has me concerned it will be like the 709 Slim and 24/7 G2.
Please tell me youre getting sub 6lb pulls.

· Registered
3,915 Posts
Honestly I cant tell you how many pound pull it has...I dont think its as high as what you mentioned... I will say that the trigger pull is smooth and you have a crisp break..The trigger pull reminds me of my TCP.
I think this is one of the best shooting guns I own. Only problem is lack of 9mm ammo at this point...My G2 has been absolutely flawless through 200 rounds of mixed grain,fmj and jhp. I hope you have as good luck as I have had with mine...I think you have made a good decision on the G2.

· Registered
12,877 Posts
Nothing you can do until it gets here, so quit worrying about something that may not happen.

Reactions: Harry

· Registered
5,072 Posts
I'm sure you will have no trouble selling it if you don't like it.

Reactions: xDarthWonkax

· Registered
35 Posts
I have now put almost 2,000rds through my PT111 G2. I can honestly say i have had NO malfunctions of any kind. I've shot steel case, +p and everything in between. During this same time I've been shooting an M&P Shield 9mm and a Sig P238 and they have had either FTE or FTF every once in awhile. The G2 is my every day carry and i literally bet my life on it. I have a laserlyte v3 installed that fits comfortably holstered in a N82 compact. I'm waiting for night sights to become available but the stock sights are true. This weapon should be marketed better to get the word out.

· Registered
196 Posts
Here's another holster recommendation. I personally love it. Not discrediting the SERPA by any means just throwing out another option. Fobus Holster: SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD - COMPACT HOLSTER

View attachment 53345
That looks good too. I like the Blackhawk, but after having it for a couple of weeks I think it will be a range holster only. It just doesn't hug my body close enough for me to be comfortable with as an EDC holster, so the search continues. I'm searching for the perfect leather OWB holster now.

· Registered
12,877 Posts
If you are looking for an all leather OWB design holster for CC, look over the holsters from Rugged Leather.

· Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
I haven't measured the "trigger pull"...but I can state that I'm 100% pleased and satisfied with everything about my Taurus Millennium G2 PT111.

P.S. I'm glad to read that you're pleased with your new Taurus pistol. :happy:

Attachments

Reactions: xDarthWonkax

· Registered
12,877 Posts
MPG, do you have a 709 or a MilPro you can compare to the MP-G2 in pictures? We still don't have them in our LGS and I'm wondering how the MP-G2 compares in thinness, slide width, etc. Nice holster there too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.