Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New to the forum. I just bought a Pt111 G2 and was planning on changing out the sights straight from the box. Once I got the gun and disassembled it I found that the front sight doesn't have a screw under it. I wasn't sure if anyone else has come across this. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh it probably is. I was just looking for a straight head screw. I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
unfair, I apologize. but I've got zero help from this site. it does look like your front site is secured in a different way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
use some solvent and get a good look. I've read that the front sites have "fallen off" while shooting. you may have a newer version with a change. honestly dont know...

·
Registered
51 Posts
question i have for you is how much did you spend on new sites? i went to get new ones at LGS and he said to spend the extra for an arma laser... I posted the question but guess they are looked down on by most... he told me that would be the case. he offered many responds as to why to choose a laser but I'm not going to get into that debate. just wondered if anyone was using one. good luck, I like the gun, especially at the price.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
That looks kinda' like a stripped torx. Mine is a regular blade screw. Swapped it out for the LakeLine Fiber Optic sights F+R. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
The later ones have Torx screws. Number 8 or 9, 9 I believe. I'd have to check mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol its brand new with no rounds through it. I think it might be an allen screw. I plan on ordering some sights from lakeline but I didn't want to order some and it not work out. I'll probably order some and wait until they come to try pulling the original one off

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Mine is a #8 Torx screw head -- 3mo old
Yep, Torx #8. A much better choice.

Use blue Loctite, be sure the angle of the sight blade is perfectly square

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Use blue Loctite, be sure the angle of the sight blade is perfectly square
+1 on the blue Loctite. Also, the LakeLine sights do not come with a new screw - you will have to reuse the original one. Make sure you don't strip it when removing it.

Reactions: Silverbullit
1 - 20 of 21 Posts