Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so. quick inquiry.
long story short, i was about to clean my millenium g2, i did a weapons check, dropped mag, checked chamber and so forth. well i got a phone call and just put my empty mag back in the gun.
when i got back to cleaning, i field stripped the gun, took the slide off with the empty mag still in without realizing. it took some force to actully take the slide off. i felt like an idiot afterwards. but my question is, can i harm the gun in anyway by doing this? just want to be sure i didnt mess anything up. thanks.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
No, not really. You might do some slight damage to the magazine, though. I would inspect it. If it looks ok but you have feeding problems, you will need to retire the magazine and get a new one. Be careful in the future. Always check the pistol if you are interrupted at the start of field stripping. And keep the magazine out and away from the pistol in your work area. Safety first! :)

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Oh, and welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: We're mighty glad you decided to join us! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Any time you've walked away from the pistol, check it again.

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts