Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 845 last spring and love shooting it but not the best for a CCW.

Been looking at 9mm smaller frame handguns and the PT111 G2 seemed the best value over the xds and shield.

Here in Wisconsin we have a 48 hr wait so will pick up Sat pm. My 845 is a blued slide but went with the SS for the price.

Got it for $340.00 new in the case second mag and other items listed on the Taurus website. And dont forget the year of NRA.

Two questions:

Anything I need to know cleaning wise with the SS slide? I have read the SS slide holds up better from holster use. On the 845 I use Super Lube sparingly on the rails and a wipedown with a silicone cloth.

Secondly, I would like to get a holster for carrying inside a pocket. The dimensions seem very close to the shield so wondering if a holster listed for it would be a fit for the G2.

Almost forgot, being left handed, anybody know if the mag release can be switched?

Any info is greatly appreciated..

Joe

·
Registered
75 Posts
A blackhawk #3 pocket holster will fit it.

Don't know about the mag release. It looks like it can be switched, but idk if it can.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Not 100% positive, but I think you can switch the mag release. Check the manual on taurususa.com.
As for the pocket holster, I think the shield is slightly thinner, so depending on how tight the holster is designed to fit, it may work. After you pick up the G2, browse around the LGS and ask if you can "try on" a few holsters. Most places will let you if they clear the weapon.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
The 9mm Taurus PT-111 G2 is an awesome little 100% reliable package.

Here are a quick three of the number of options I use...

Pocket - Black Hawk #4
IWB - Uncle Mikes #16
OWB - Bulldog Belt Slide (Large)

The first 2 can be found at Academy Sports or Wal-Mart for under $20. The well built leather Bulldog Belt Slide can be ordered for under $20 on line from Natchez Shooters Supply.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Congrats on the PT111 G2! I don't have the Millennium G2 yet so I can't be sure but the MilPro mag release can be switched, I believe the MilG2 mag release can be switched, too. I don't know if the following video will help:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looking very closely at my G2 today, it looks like you can switch the mag release. I don't see anything stopping you. The bar is symetrical and the spring looks like it would work both ways. I think it can be done.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
As I've said to many others, I hope you like your PT111G2 as much as I like mine! It's my EDC, smooth, accurate, reliable. I use a Kangaroo Carry concealment holster. It's made of fabric, so it's no problem to fit - it will accommodate my PT111G2 or my PT24/7 G2 with equal ease, and even the larger weapon is well concealed and comfortable.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
As I've said to many others, I hope you like your PT111G2 as much as I like mine! It's my EDC, smooth, accurate, reliable. I use a Kangaroo Carry concealment holster. It's made of fabric, so it's no problem to fit - it will accommodate my PT111G2 or my PT24/7 G2 with equal ease, and even the larger weapon is well concealed and comfortable.
Between the two, which gun would you prefer to have in your hand if a violent confrontation was developing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes you can reverse the mag release. I am a southpaw as well. watch the video posted below. It wasn't quite as easy for me and I was afraid I was going to break something but I got it to work. I really had to push hard to get the release mechanism to get out. This makes the pt111 just a bit to being the best gun ever for me as a lefty. Now if I can only find a nice flat base plate to fit it.

good luck

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My son has borrowed my G2 holster for his shield. His is in the mail, and it dang well better hurry up and get here.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts