Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New here (but not new to handguns), and I am considering getting a G2. I like the "look" of the G2 with the "blue" slide. My concern is the amount of wear that might take place over time with holstering this gun. I don't care much for the stainless slide. So, my question is:

How durable is the "blued" finish on the slide?

Thank you,

George

·
Registered
29,908 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state.

State of "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

It will take many thousands of "draws" to begin to show any wear. You'll get more from handling it with sweaty hands.

Just wipe it down with an oily rag after handling and it'll give you many decades of good service.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Actually wear on the muzzle end will show fairly quickly but it is minimal. I believe that most if not all of it is actually the kydex wearing off onto the gun and not the blued finish wearing off on the kydex.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually wear on the muzzle end will show fairly quickly but it is minimal. I believe that most if not all of it is actually the kydex wearing off onto the gun and not the blued finish wearing off on the kydex.
I'm not sure if I'll be using a kydex or a leather holster.... great info !!!!!

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Can not go wrong with the G2 good choice.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The finish on mt pt111 is the one thing I dislike about mine. Seems to come off way to easy imho I would suggest the stainless one.

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and info... I'm learning alot as I read more here on this forum!! :)

I may have to re-think my purchase.... I think I will go with the stainless slide instead of the "blue" slide. The price difference is minimal....

Thanks again to everyone that replied!!!

George

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Minor scratches and wear will show less and will be easier to fix on the stainless finish. Also, stainless is less prone to rust.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Have not had a problem with my blued guns. My black stainless steel shows more wear. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Oh, and greetings from SW Illinois!

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
After 2 years of packing the G2, my black slide certainly is showing signs of wear. It certainly in my mind gives the gun character. As for rust, forget about it! With just minimal care rust will not be a problem.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I went with a blued version this time, I'm not a big fan of the satin stainless being the only stainless on the pistol. Being all black looks pretty good to me with a flat black finish on the slide, looks kind of like a small Glock without the price.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of my G2 that I have been carrying everyday for about two years, I carry in an Old Faithful hybrid holster. You can see some wear but It doesn't bother me, just looks like I use it.
20150215_130933.jpg 20150215_131000.jpg Old Faithful Holster.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts