Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't actually bought my G2 yet, but soon. Waiting on a local firearms show, while visiting some local dealers used shelves, otherwise i'll pick it up online. I'm dead-set on obtaining it for $250 or less, anyways..

Is the Cross Breed Appendix IWB the only option? I am not particularly dead-set on Hybrid. I just don't see many options so I'm wondering if that crossbreed is my only option for that style?

The problem with the two below are the clips. I really dislike this style of clip - it's just too wobbly.. But these seem to be the only options as well?

Tagua: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008YMY8L...olid=3KCSOJ6QJIZL0&coliid=IU1MT2B8JTC5H&psc=1

Outbags: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JWXTJ6...lid=3KCSOJ6QJIZL0&coliid=I111RG4VDYPRLA&psc=1

I'm trying to avoid spending $100-200 on a holster for a $200-300 pistol.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I haven't actually bought my G2 yet, but soon. Waiting on a local firearms show, while visiting some local dealers used shelves, otherwise i'll pick it up online. I'm dead-set on obtaining it for $250 or less, anyways..

Is the Cross Breed Appendix IWB the only option? I am not particularly dead-set on Hybrid. I just don't see many options so I'm wondering if that crossbreed is my only option for that style?

The problem with the two below are the clips. I really dislike this style of clip - it's just too wobbly.. But these seem to be the only options as well?

Tagua: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008YMY8L...olid=3KCSOJ6QJIZL0&coliid=IU1MT2B8JTC5H&psc=1

Outbags: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JWXTJ6...lid=3KCSOJ6QJIZL0&coliid=I111RG4VDYPRLA&psc=1

We have people using Alien Gear and Little Foxx successfully. I used a Little Foxx before settling on an all-Kydex holster.

But the G2 is an all-star gun. Don't be misled by its low price to short-change the rest of your defensive gear.

Reactions: fugly

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
How cheap did you want to go? I've seen this from $3 online to 9 in the stores, like dunham sports.

This one isn't wobbly, but it doesn't have any forward cant adjustment. Works the same whether you have a mini laser on it or not. I've been told it holds the gun pretty securely IWB. I think a stiff IWB holster would probably reholster better, but I haven't personally tried this one yet. Someone I know with a PT111 uses this.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/millennium-pro-pistols/192273-case-you-need-iwb-holster-pt111-g2-laser.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would look at Clinger holsters. I think they are a sponsor of this board.
That leather back version of the stingray looks to be right along the lines of what I imagined. Most hybrid style holsters seem rather big for appendix. Thank you.

We have people using Alien Gear and Little Foxx successfully. I used a Little Foxx before settling on an all-Kydex holster.

But the G2 is an all-star gun. Don't be misled by its low price to short-change the rest of your defensive gear.
I wanted horse hide and small profile for appendix, those Little Foxx seem to be the ticket. I like a lot of the High Noon stuff but man, way too pricey for me. I don't see an Alien Gear for appendix? The IWB one is meant for 3oclock-6oclock, right? Or do folks wear those typical hybrid holsters appendix?

I carry a LCr in a custom kydex holster, I had to have it made because of my laser attachment. I'm pretty set on leather inside..

How cheap did you want to go? I've seen this from $3 online to 9 in the stores, like dunham sports.

This one isn't wobbly, but it doesn't have any forward cant adjustment. Works the same whether you have a mini laser on it or not. I've been told it holds the gun pretty securely IWB. I think a stiff IWB holster would probably reholster better, but I haven't personally tried this one yet. Someone I know with a PT111 uses this.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/millennium-pro-pistols/192273-case-you-need-iwb-holster-pt111-g2-laser.html

Yea, that clip is pretty much the same style as the ones I linked. I'm really not a fan, I have a holster just like that one you linked for my LCr. I constantly had to adjust, I now have that nylon one mounted inside of my backpack for when I need to.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
After trying many holsters I bought the clinger Atom. It was love at first sight. It fits me like a glove and carries the G2 perfectly and it's just thirty bucks. They also give you two full weeks to return it. Everyone has different holster needs so your mileage may vary but I highly recommend it.

https://clingerholsters.com/product/atom-clinger-holster/

Reactions: Bellows1 and fugly

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Yea, that clip is pretty much the same style as the ones I linked. I'm really not a fan, I have a holster just like that one you linked for my LCr. I constantly had to adjust, I now have that nylon one mounted inside of my backpack for when I need to.
That's good to know. It probably works okay for the person that recommended it to me, but he's got a different body style than I do. I originally was going to recommend what I use, but Bianchi doesn't make it anymore. At the time the holster was around $50, for a used gun I paid $100 for. When you said in the OP

I certainly understand not wanting to spend any more money than you have to for a good holster. I'm not sure how one relates to the other however. For example, the main things a self defense handgun needs to be is reliable, safe, and not interfere with the owners ability to shoot it reasonably accurately. A gun that is unreliable isn't worth anything. I've owned expensive guns in the past. Although my PT111 retails online for 210, the quality of it compares to handguns costing 2-3 times the price. It is capable of doing the job for me, and doing it well. The same should be true of holsters. The most important thing in a holster is how it works out for you. If a cheap holster is uncomfortable it's not worth the money. When you find it, a comfortable holster is definitely worth the money when you're carrying day in day out. Just because you have a low priced gun doesn't mean you have to buy a low cost holster. Of course if you can get a good holster at a good price, that's great.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I got a real nice Kydex for cheap, (about $20) that really works. Got mine off the bay, but foxtrotconcealment also has a website. Not much bigger than the gun itself!

Reactions: Bellows1

·
Registered
118 Posts
Alien Gear Cloak Tuck here. I love it. Good leather, adjustable retention and cant. It formed to my gun and hip in about a week and is extremely comfortable. I am a big guy with the dunlaps disease and it still fits me well.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I'll +1 both the Atoms Clinger and the Foxtrot concealment holsters... Very nice stuff for cheap

The Clinger rides higher in the waistband if that makes a difference. I prefer them to ride a little lower.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'll +1 both the Atoms Clinger and the Foxtrot concealment holsters... Very nice stuff for cheap

The Clinger rides higher in the waistband if that makes a difference. I prefer them to ride a little lower.
A really good benefit of the foxtrot, is that you still get a slide cover at the $20 price! And, he will also cant it if you want !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.