Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ive had my PT111 G2 for a couple weeks and I've been able to put 500+ rounds down range with it. I have got it dialed in and it shoots great. My issue is sights. I really don't care for the factory sights. I want to make sure everyone understands, I most certainly am not complaining because I am just short of smitten with this firearm. I just never have liked the "snowman" sights and would love to change them.

After what seems to be a frivolous search of the inter-webs I have found almost nothing. I figure if there was a group of individuals that could guide me on my quest to rid myself of the "snowman" this would be the place to ask. I have searched the forum here with limited results so I thought possibly firing up a new thread would get the information flowing.

I understand this being a brand new firearm that the aftermarket has not had much chance to start spitting out accessories but I figure someone, somewhere, has found a product that works.

Also-although I like the fact of having a rail Im not currently interested in a laser sight system.

Thanks in advance!!
Deuce

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been looking everyday for sight option to no avail. I've seen guys put glock front sights with little modification.
Also this is good info:
I called taurus to see what sight fits which gun and the millenium g2 and the 709/740 sights are the same and the only aftermarket sights I found were from advantage tactical and they will fit the millienium g2. I also call advantage tactical sights and they told me a customer did buy them just for that purpose and they did fit. He went on to say that he would verify with taurus so that it could be posted on the ats site for sale but u can buy any 709/740 sight and put them on the pt111 g2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hindle I will have to check this out! Im not familiar with advantage tact enough to know if this would be a good option for me but at least there is something to look at. I will continue my search and I assure you if I find any other options I will post them here. Good luck!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have tried the advatage sight years ago on another gun. It does work well once you get used to it. It does sit on the gun a little high at least on that model of gun I tried. I was thinking of ordering one to try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Millenium G2. I added Truglo Glock front sight. Had to file the front curve of the tenon (just a little) fits tight, no play. made of steel, comes with replacement optics Bass Pro $35. Sorry I cannot figure out how to insert photos?????help. YOU CAN GO TO MY PAGE AND VIEW THE SIGHTS IN MY G2 ALBUM. CORRECTION THE SIGHTS ARE "HI VIZ HANDGUN SIGHT" FOR GLOCK #GL2006 UPC# 613485586848 lite pipe technology interchangeable litepipes

Attachments

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Millenium G2. I added Truglo Glock front sight. Had to file the front curve of the tenon (just a little) fits tight, no play. made of steel, comes with replacement optics Bass Pro $35. Sorry I cannot figure out how to insert photos?????help
To upload pics from your hard drive do the following:

In a new post, reply, etc scroll a little to just beneath the text box. To the right click on go advanced. This launches a slightly different window.

In the new window scroll down a bit and on the left side click the button manage attachments. This launches another smaller window.

Within the manage attachments window you can upload 5 pics.

Click on the first browse button. This will launch your hard drive.

Located and select the image and click open.

Once again in the manage attachments window, click the upload button.

If the image is of sufficient size (small), it will load it to your message.

Lastly, click submit (whatever it's called) and your done.

Or if you're familiar with a hosting service like photobucket, imageshack, etc you can go that route.

Note: If using Windows, the quickest way to resize the image is to right click on the image prior to the uploading steps, click on resize image in the drop down menu. Select small, ok, then it's done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My latest update on adding the HiViz Glock sights to my g2.i discovered that after 150 rounds the siggt appeared to loosen. It wasn't loose, the tenon sticks thru the slide just a hair, I sanded it with 600 grit emory paper a little bit, now the hex head of mounting screw tightens down snug. Added locktight and hand tighten. 400 rounds no movement.AWSOME sight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys, new pt 140 g2 owner here, was looking through here reading about the tru glos for glock fitting wouldnt also their tritium front sight fit as well since all the glocks have the same sight mount hole. and would anyone know whether it would be the low set or the high set ? any answers would be appreciated

·
Registered
75 Posts
Truglo has made both TFX and TFX Pro sights for the G2/pt709/pt740. The model numbers are TG13TA2A for the regular TFX and TG13TA2PC for the Pro. They install easily, BUT the screws that come with it will not work. I was able to file down the original sight screw to a length that worked. I went with the regular TFX, and will post pics below. IMG_20160320_195526306.jpg IMG_20160320_195605843.jpg IMG_20160320_195516533.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, I have tfx on my xds 9mm. Great sights. Needs a gunsmith for the Springfield. How was the install for the 111g2?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks, I have tfx on my xds 9mm. Great sights. Needs a gunsmith for the Springfield. How was the install for the 111g2?
Besides filing the screw down, it was super easy. Rear sight went in with the tap of a rubber mallet, I hand aligned it, then screwed it down after adding threadlock. Once the front sight screw was small enough to fit, locked it in place as well. I'm no gunsmith, so anyone can do it if they are willing to put in some time with a file.

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I called Taurus and asked what the screw size was for the front sight, and they told me it was "proprietary information". I went to the hardware store and it looks like it is M2.5 diameter. Length 3mm.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts