Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I live in Illinois and they are trying to ban all mags with more then 10 rounds. I am trying to be pro active on this matter. I can not find any 10 Round mags for the Pt111 G2 they are sold out every where any ideas for me.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
User DanPop posted a ways back about some off brand 10 rounders he found on eBay. Try searching there is the best advice I can give you. I know 9mm SIG/MecGar mags P226 and P228/P229 do work in the PT 111-G2's

You could try this. I doubt if will be a flush fit though.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...-steel-blued-finish-mgp22810b-765595113909.do

P.S. we are accepting freedom loving non communists here in the land of sun & guns if you ever get sick of living in the ILL state.
;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Guys I live in Illinois and they are trying to ban all mags with more then 10 rounds. I am trying to be pro active on this matter. I can not find any 10 Round mags for the Pt111 G2 they are sold out every where any ideas for me.
One idea is move.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm in Illinois, and my primary carry is the 10rd PT140 G-2. I was thinking of selling the .40 and just carry the 9, but this just might change that.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
User DanPop posted a ways back about some off brand 10 rounders he found on eBay. Try searching there is the best advice I can give you. I know 9mm SIG/MecGar mags P226 and P228/P229 do work in the PT 111-G2's

You could try this. I doubt if will be a flush fit though.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...-steel-blued-finish-mgp22810b-765595113909.do

P.S. we are accepting freedom loving non communists here in the land of sun & guns if you ever get sick of living in the ILL state.
;)

I have family in Scottsdale, Prescott and Chandler. My wife is from AZ. If thinks get tough here in Pa. I am going to relocate to AZ.

·
Super Moderator
37,570 Posts
The OP is talking about the "Paul Bauer" bill and it did not pass yet that I am aware of. The PT 111 G2 is one of my favorite carry guns and this lunacy is driving me to accelerate my plans to get out of here also. I just don't want to be the last one out...property values may start to suffer when the rush to leave starts.

The House adjourned without voting on it...maybe a sign that they didn't have the votes:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/wa...without-vote-on-paul-bauer-act-475469173.html

·
Registered
10,614 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm in IL also. I'd hold off on that for now. The house doesn't have the votes to pass this one since it's tacked on to the body armor ban as well. Also rauner said he will veto all gun bills except the bump stock ban

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So you guys are thinking that they dont have the votes to pass it. I dont want them to pass it because i just bought a new Springfield Armory Xd Subcompact i have 2 13 round mags and a 16 round mag with that so my mag bill is going to be at least 200 bucks. what are your thoughts on this retarded bill being passed.

·
Super Moderator
37,570 Posts
So you guys are thinking that they dont have the votes to pass it. I dont want them to pass it because i just bought a new Springfield Armory Xd Subcompact i have 2 13 round mags and a 16 round mag with that so my mag bill is going to be at least 200 bucks. what are your thoughts on this retarded bill being passed.
My guess is that the farther away in time that we get from the hysteria that common sense will take over...They knew it was a long shot and that's probably why they tacked on the name of the slain CPD commander. The body armor being included may also be a stumbling block and who knows what happens if they strip that out of it.

The NRA ILA sent out a card today warning that they are still very much interested in curtailing more of our rights. Two bills sit in the governor's office awaiting signature. If you haven't called him yet to urge him to not sign them, you should do it asap. They are the bills legislating state licensing of all gun shops...except for the big box stores and putting expensive restrictions which will drive them out of business. Another one bans all semi-auto firearms for 18-20 year olds...making them give them up in 90 days. Plus the 72 hour waiting period (from 24) for semi-auto long guns.
These will be law if he signs them.

I have plus ten capacity mags for many pistols and long guns. I have phoned in already to the gov's office. My legislators know where I stand and they agree...

The U Haul rental is only a few laws away.

Reactions: stupimlico

·
Registered
951 Posts
Personally, I'd buy some 10 round mags, and keep all my other mags, and wait for this to blow over.
if it doesnt, I wouldn' tell anyone I had them..."dang, they all fell out of my boat".
Just my .02

·
Super Moderator
37,570 Posts
Personally, I'd buy some 10 round mags, and keep all my other mags, and wait for this to blow over.
if it doesnt, I wouldn' tell anyone I had them..."dang, they all fell out of my boat".
Just my .02
I am not aware of ten round mags for the PT 111 G2...although maybe Taurus will step up if more states enact stupidity.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Some guy a couple of days ago called me about a job in chicago. I laughed at him, nicely said no and hung up.

I saw a stat somewhere stating that the biggest gun crime rate group are 13-19 year old (gang bangers). The aren't legally allowed to purchase handguns so I'm sure raising the age even more will make these crime rates drop.

What happened to "shall not be infringed"?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts