Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been answered, but, what is the size difference between the PT111 and the PT111 G2?

Reactions: Steyr

·
Registered
163 Posts
The PT 111 has a 10 round mag. a different trigger guard even different from the Pro models...the [email protected] are 12 round, different profile of the trigger guard and have a place under the frame ( rail?) for a lite, laser... There are laser sights for the Millennium PRO and the [email protected] series.. but not the original PT 111 Millennium.
Bummer.. I have 2 of them...but I still like the smooth trigger on the first gens, SO much better..

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
The difference between the two is the PT111G2 will not replace
my first gen PT111!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
size ? no diff. inside and trigger changes. The Gen1 has a WONDERFUL trigger. The G2 G3 have the 2 piece finger eater triggers. I have the G2 for my wife- fits her hand (my #1 criteria for a pistol). Sadly, Crimson Trace only like the PT 709 for making a triggerguard Laser.

·
Administrator
17,816 Posts
size ? no diff. inside and trigger changes. The Gen1 has a WONDERFUL trigger. The G2 G3 have the 2 piece finger eater triggers.
So true! One of the main reasons that my late production first gen PT111 will stay as one of my favorite CCW's.

Also, the First Gen PT111's, like the early 24/7's, were built with a full Aluminum Sub-Framewith full length slide rails, inside a Polymer overshell.
It should also be noted that the Steyr M9 and L9 series Pistols as well as the S&W M&P series Pistols share this type of construction.

The newer Taurus Polymer Framed Pistols are built like Glocks with Rail Inserts for the Polymer Frame, which while entirely adequate, is definitely a cheaper construction.

Late Production PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Lawsuit be damned, I love it and I'm keeping it!!!! :shooter:

Reactions: Steyr

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
PT 111 the best of the two although creep is long, I prefer Pt111 trigger over the g2 add to it all my PT 111 not ammo picky eats it all manufactured and reloads. I do polish all my feed ramps that is the only modification done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts