Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago I had a difficult time finding 9mm ammo so I got out the PT101P (40 S&W caliber) to shoot in a local idpa match. I was checking out the gun for proper function the night before the match and it became evident that the trigger pivot pin had broken. It must be made using the MIMs process as the metal at the break appeared quite porous.

I disassembled the gun and removed the broken pin. Then I called Taurus customer service and asked them to send a replacement trigger pin. Taurus refused and told me that I would have to send the gun in for repair. I told them it was a $3 or $4 part that didn't justify the $70 shipping cost. I was happy to pay them for the part. Taurus still refused so I told the customer service agent that I would purchase a trigger pin from Brownells or some other company online. Their response was that they would not even ship that part to a certified gunsmith. I cannot afford to pay $70 shipping to repair a $300 gun that I can fix myself.

I was unsure whether or not a trigger pin from the Beretta 92FS would fit, but it was worth the gamble. I ordered a replacement pin off ebay for $7 including shipping. I put the gun back together today; the pin fit perfectly.

I really don't understand Taurus' response with this issue. There is no way they are accepting liability if I repair the gun myself.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I had to do the same. Mine was bent not broken.

·
Registered
13,925 Posts
Taurus has been very over protective of releasing parts to the public in the past. Face it we live I a very Liability Focused Society. They are however currently working to make parts ordering more owner friendly.

I glad you found an answer to fixing your issue. For the time being be patient and enjoy your PT's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts