Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Don't know too much about them, never having owned one, but I can tell you thats a good price. I checked this one out a the last gunshow, and if you can see the tag, its $375.00 and this is used. Used very little, probably less than 100 rounds, but used none the less.

http://www.hunt101.com/?p=467784&c=500&z=1"]
[/url]

Nice looking gun. Never owned a .40, but lot of guys like 'em!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Well, I have a very similar pistol. It's the PT101SS. Virtually identical
to the 100, the exception for the 101 is adjustable rear sights. One of my
very favorite pistols, it is. I've had mine for several years.

It's a very good shooting pistol. I'm a big fan of .40 caliber, having four
pistols in that caliber. My PT101SS has the walnut grips. I don't remember
how much I paid for it. I know it was four hundred & change. I purchased
it back in '96.

Still looks the same as the day I got it! I put several thousand rounds through
it, both reloads & factory ammo. Never malfunctioned once!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Man guns are cheap where you live. Our 92's go for around $560 brand new I got mine from a gun show for $488 after tax with a concealed weapons permit.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I've never owned a .40 caliber anything either but have also been thinking again about the PT100 or PT101. With ammo costs being what they are anymore I may just get another PT92.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I had a PT101 and loved it. I liked the 101 because of the adjustable sights, but if you can steal the 100 for that price go for it. It's a nice shooting gun. I sold mine cause I really wanted a range gun that was cheaper to shoot. So I picked up a PT99. I sold mine, which was close to new for $400 with the wood grips. I don't think you'll be sorry with the performance and accuracy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one and truely love it. I have not shot or carried any of my other guns since I got it. I shot my first IDPA match this morning and kicked ass. If you get it. Take it to a gunsmith and have them put a stock 1911 main spring in it. This will get the single pull down under 10# and cleans up the double nicely. It is the best $250 I have spent.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The first pistol I bought a pt100ss used for 250. I have fired 2000+ rounds through it and its as accurate as the day i bought it. I'd recommend getting one, but beware its a rather large grip. I'd go to a local shop and hold one to see if it fits my hand right prior to buying one.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
fords4life said:
The first pistol I bought a pt100ss used for 250. I have fired 2000+ rounds through it and its as accurate as the day i bought it. I'd recommend getting one, but beware its a rather large grip. I'd go to a local shop and hold one to see if it fits my hand right prior to buying one.
Yeah, a comment to that. I myself don't have especially big hands.
I wear a medium sized glove. The PT101 grips are quite comfortable for
me, with no problem. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts